Lets see some Hinderer action

Back to the old trusty workhorse! Love this micarta scale and how it’s taking on dirt and character.
L73oLRB.jpg

Does Hinderer mix his copper and brass screws with any alloys to strengthen them?
How does the Copper and Brass scale screws hold up?
I always thought copper might be too soft? Had any issues?
So sorry I totally missed this message until now. I am unaware if he mixes with any other alloys, however, I will comment that I put a little nick in my pivot screw. I have only used pennies to tighten and loosen my copper pivot screw, so I would say they are fairly soft. I have not had a problem with the other screws or the tab, but I have always been extra careful to gently tighten them.

Are these a special run? Haven't seen 01 tool steel before, or the "V0108".

Either way, it looks great.
Yes, it’s the Vintage mode which are numbered. See my post on the last page for the fixed blade Bowie. For the XM, they made textured and smooth walnut scales. Would expect to see them again at GP/DLT...who knows when though.

That's one of the vintage series, V0108 is the serial number for that specific one. It's an ongoing line, so far there have been a vintage XM-18 3.5" and a vintage Ranch Bowie, both with Walnut handle scales and O1 tool steel.

Yes, it’s the Vintage mode which are numbered. See my post on the last page for the fixed blade Bowie. For the XM, they made textured and smooth walnut scales. Would expect to see them again at GP/DLT...who knows when though.
Thx, I'll add it to the list of Hinderer's to buy list. Just need to transport the list from another folder that's getting too heavy.. to...

S#!+++

Yes. But nice to hear that it's hard to make out :)

Shaved off about 2-3mm of the recess, maybe better to see here:

_DSC7928_b_tn-X2.jpg

No big deal, just wondering if others had the lock access issue, too.

Roland.
Yes I did, I had access issues plus the edge was sharp.

I used very fine sand paper to remove the material, you can’t tell visually it’s been modified but now I’ve better access to the lock bar and the edge of the scale doesn’t hurt.

C Call_me_Tom

Nice work on removing some of that G10 to access the lockbar.

Looks clean :thumbsup:

Think I will try it on mine, even a millimeter would make a difference.

^^ I’ve not modded my 2 3.0 Skinnys’ scales yet. Need to. I’ve sort of gotten used to it with a little “don’t care anymore” lol.

The Vintage XM-18s started my interest in Hinderer just a couple of months ago, but they were sold out before I could get one. When the Vintage Ranch Bowie hit the market recently, I grabbed one right away! No regrets, they’re nicer than pictures show.

upload_2019-7-4_13-55-36.jpeg

Back