Lets see some Hinderer action

Just in case anybody ever needs a new Pivot nut. These work well:

knifekits.com: 1 x .250 (1/4) - SK Design - PV2 - 416SS/Titanium - Designer Pivot Assembly - (.425) (SK-PVA2-250-425)

(T15 screws are Ti, pivot hardened SS; had to shorten the pivot maybe a mm for the Skinny; otherwise the fit was perfect)

i-QNhrbQB-X3.jpg

Has anyone purchased a 3" Eklipse? I like the 3" XM18, this one looks pretty sweet except for the blade. A slicer, sheepsfoot or spear point would be more desirable for me, slicer would be 1st choice. I could only find them at one place, Hinderer's site doesn't show them.

upload_2019-7-26_12-20-31.png

Last edited:
So does anyone know if there is ever going to be another run of XM-18 3.5 skinny slicers produced?

I check the sites every day hoping they’ll put out more skinny slicers, non-flipper slicers, or 3.5” slicers of any kind really, but they just keeping putting out a million accessories instead. That, or a few of the seemingly less popular configurations with the ‘working’ finish and an odd color scale.

Could I have the other side tapped for left hand carry?

I don't know but I will find out for you!

So glad to hear that. I really enjoyed and appreciate the video you just did on the 3” Eclipse. It’s definitely a must buy knife for me.

Thank you for watching it. Sorry you had to suffer through the sound of my voice!

Has anyone purchased a 3" Eklipse? I like the 3" XM18, this one looks pretty sweet except for the blade. A slicer, sheepsfoot or spear point would be more desirable for me, slicer would be 1st choice. I could only find them at one place, Hinderer's site doesn't show them.

View attachment 1168537

We are heavily restocked on the Eklipse 3.0". These only come in blue, od and black.

https://www.usamadeblade.com/Eklipse_c94.htm

I check the sites every day hoping they’ll put out more skinny slicers, non-flipper slicers, or 3.5” slicers of any kind really, but they just keeping putting out a million accessories instead. That, or a few of the seemingly less popular configurations with the ‘working’ finish and an odd color scale.

3.5" Skinny Slicers are not too far away from coming out again. You did not hear this from me;)

Is that the only grind they come in?

Really like that knife, great pic!

Currently the Harpoon Spanto is the only grind they come in. I feel sure based on the success of this knife that Hinderer will do other grinds but it could be 6-12 months before they come out.

The Eklipse has always been a Harpoon Spanto, hasn’t it?

Curious how these compare to the new 3.0 Skinny Slicers as far as weight/feel.

And a wicked looking tanto.

Still loving this fatty wharncliffe. Next time I have $600+ dollars I don't know what to do with I'm going to have a hard time not ordering whatever stonewashed dlc XM-24 I can find. Works out for me that I have less money than willpower. :D
fH2cZXZ.jpg

Last edited:
Did they ever make Ti scales for the skinny 18/3.5 ? Or do the normal 3.5 scales work ? Anybody know ? Thanks.

Back