Lets see some Hinderer action

Got a new one this weekend, so I figured I'd drop by and show ii off. I've had my eyes peeled for a while for a Firetac and jumped on this one when it showed up on the Exchange over the holiday weekend. I've never had an RHK in Battle Black and am looking forward to seeing if it will wear as nicely as ZT Blackwash. It seems quite similar, though with a lighter media wash. This one also has some nice mods with an aftermarket OD canvas Micarta scale, copper OTS, bronze flamed holey steel clip and filler tab, and brass thumb disc. It's also a TriWay, presently on PB washers--smooth as glass and may even become drop-shut as it breaks in.

I'm all of a sudden up to seven RHKs, plus two that I sold off after buying others of the same model that I preferred. Am I at the fanboy threshold yet?

cbHsAxW.jpg

1Ux2MUp.jpg

t9ThcY4.jpg

CcvyKWv.jpg

Got a new one this weekend, so I figured I'd drop by and show ii off. I've had my eyes peeled for a while for a Firetac and jumped on this one when it showed up on the Exchange over the holiday weekend. I've never had an RHK in Battle Black and am looking forward to seeing if it will wear as nicely as ZT Blackwash. It seems quite similar, though with a lighter media wash. This one also has some nice mods with an aftermarket OD canvas Micarta scale, copper OTS, bronze flamed holey steel clip and filler tab, and brass thumb disc. It's also a TriWay, presently on PB washers--smooth as glass and may even become drop-shut as it breaks in.

I'm all of a sudden up to seven RHKs, plus two that I sold off after buying others of the same model that I preferred. Am I at the fanboy threshold yet?

cbHsAxW.jpg

1Ux2MUp.jpg

t9ThcY4.jpg

CcvyKWv.jpg
This is a beautiful piece. I really, REALLY want to get a Firetac. I love the design almost equally to the XMs. I think OD micarta fits so well on any Hinderer. After getting mine I can easily say I'll have an RHK collection in the future.

So, with my now-seven RHKs, I'll embark on carrying a different one each day this week after letting the Firetac dominate things three days running.

Today it'll be my copper accented HalfTrack that I've had about three-and-a-half years now

B94FrHD.jpg

zbfL18A.jpg

I keep meaning to stop by the hardware store to see if I can find a couple copper screws to replace the ones holding the G10 scale on the show side. It's only been three-and-a-half years, though, so I'm not rushing into anything. :rolleyes:

So, with my now-seven RHKs, I'll embark on carrying a different one each day this week after letting the Firetac dominate things three days running.

Today it'll be my copper accented HalfTrack that I've had about three-and-a-half years now

B94FrHD.jpg

zbfL18A.jpg

I keep meaning to stop by the hardware store to see if I can find a couple copper screws to replace the ones holding the G10 scale on the show side. It's only been three-and-a-half years, though, so I'm not rushing into anything. :rolleyes:

You can flame the ones that are in there. Color will be indistinguishable.

You guys prefer the orange or brown scale? I'm digging this orange.

View attachment 1642883View attachment 1642885
Orange for sure. When I bought my XM24 off the Exchange it came with an MEFP brown scale installed with the original orange scale on the side. The first thing I did was to install the orange and subsequently sell the brown. Later I sent the knife to Josh REK Knives REK Knives to re-grind the Spanto blade to a high, large radius hollow. I'll post that one tomorrow as part of my week of carrying a different RHK daily.

Orange for sure. When I bought my XM24 off the Exchange it came with an MEFP brown scale installed with the original orange scale on the side. The first thing I did was to install the orange and subsequently sell the brown. Later I sent the knife to Josh REK Knives REK Knives to re-grind the Spanto blade to a high, large radius hollow. I'll post that one tomorrow as part of my week of carrying a different RHK daily.
I completely agree. I love the brown but the orange takes it to a whole new level of awesome. I definitely want to see that one!!

I completely agree. I love the brown but the orange takes it to a whole new level of awesome. I definitely want to see that one!!

Here ya go brother. This one doesn't get a lotta pocket time as it's one formidable carry at 7.25 oz, though it's still gotta be lighter than when it was a Spanto. I believe this model is a Gen 2, though not really sure, but it's definitely on Teflon washers. It was quite the free-dropper before the re-grind, but the loss of blade weight has slowed that down considerably while making its flipping action a bit snappier, though it still requires light-switching with a full follow through.

HZGuTN5.jpg

NPQmKha.jpg

6RROLqm.jpg

More pics over at the EDC thread. :D

Here ya go brother. This one doesn't get a lotta pocket time as it's one formidable carry at 7.25 oz, though it's still gotta be lighter than when it was a Spanto. I believe this model is a Gen 2, though not really sure, but it's definitely on Teflon washers. It was quite the free-dropper before the re-grind, but the loss of blade weight has slowed that down considerably while making its flipping action a bit snappier, though it still requires light-switching with a full follow through.

HZGuTN5.jpg

NPQmKha.jpg

6RROLqm.jpg

Man that thing is awesome. The slicer grind is my favorite blade but I really love the spear and spanto are close behind. I love the regrind job on that too, Josh made it look so sexy.

HZGuTN5.jpg

NPQmKha.jpg

6RROLqm.jpg

Awesome !

My sharpest knives are Josh / REK Knives REK Knives hollow grounds ...

i-RV8cNV7-X3.jpg

i-sZLLzB6-X2.jpg

Too bad, he refused to do another Kuros ! :D

Roland.

Awesome !

My sharpest knives are Josh / REK Knives REK Knives hollow grounds ...

i-RV8cNV7-X3.jpg

i-sZLLzB6-X2.jpg

Too bad, he refused to do another Kuros ! :D

Roland.
There's no choosing between for quality between Josh's work on primary or secondary grinds. Both are awesome and when you've got a knife with the two, well, you'd be hard pressed to find any better.

I corresponded some with Josh back when he was getting going on making knives as a conduit with contacts at two prominent Russian makers. What I was worried about at the time has unfortunately come true-- the knife world has acquired another excellent maker but lost a premier sharpener/re-grinder. 😏

Pretty gloomy day out here today, can't tell it much but it is. Trying to add a pop of color with this orange!

20210922_150600_copy_1362x3024.jpg

ChazzyP ChazzyP that's very true, I didn't get to have any work done by Josh but I have been a follower of his for a while now. Super fun to see him transferring to full time maker slowly but surely. He's sort of an inspiration for me to learn CAD recently and start making real life functional models instead of hand drawings I've always done. I'd love to follow a path like he had and make it even halfway as successful as he's been

Back