Lets See Some Pure Fighters

I don't get

I don't get the pics of the knife

Are these designs that you make or are having made

Sorry just thought I'd ask

This one will be made as is, I'm negotiating the build on it as we speak, and also on another one whereby I'll give this profile to another knifemaker, and he'll render his own version of this profile. Needless to say I have enough confidence in that knifemaker to know that he'll create a beautiful knife for me from this design. I'm referring to Giedymin for the adaptation.

What I don't get Joe is does it make any difference if the knife was to be made or otherwise?

Just my take on it, but I'd say yes, it does matter. It would be one thing if you posted drawings in conjunction with images of the final outcome, but just drawings seems a little out of place for a subforum intended for custom and handmade knives.

I don't mean to diminish your work in saying this, btw, it's just that they aren't either custom or handmade until someone actually makes them, and I think that's the intended spirit of this area.:)

What I don't get Joe is does it make any difference if the knife was to be made or otherwise?

This one will be made as is, I'm negotiating the build on it as we speak, and also on another one whereby I'll give this profile to another knifemaker, and he'll render his own version of this profile. Needless to say I have enough confidence in that knifemaker to know that he'll create a beautiful knife for me from this design. I'm referring to Giedymin for the adaptation.

I'd say it does

It's not a knife till it's made but feel free to post what ever makes you happy

Last edited:

Coke: My perception is that the thread started by Joe is for actual knives that have been made. No doubt you're excited about the build and that's understandable.

What a lot of fellas do is post the concept drawing and finished knife together in a separate thread which is the norm. :)

Yes! 120 grit and done. Usually I go to a 3m Scotchbrite after 120.

Reactions: v8r
I'll have to try that. I just got finished with three knives I plan on submitting to try and get in to the Texas blade makers guild. I took all three of them to a 600 grit finish, but that isn't what I like. They look great, but I thought they looked better at about a 220 grit!

Back