1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets see some Roberts

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Stumpy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2001
    This is an Older Bowie from Matt. I have a few more to post in a bit. Matt's a really good maker but more importantly a hell of a nice guy to deal with. If ya got them, lets see them. Roberts.jpg

d762nato, Dawkind and The Zieg like this.
  2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Matt’s an exceptional Maker and, as you know, an extraordinary individual.

You’ve seen the ones I got recently but I do have the first piece I got from him, many years ago, that I’ll get a picture of.

LongRifle and Stumpy like this.
  3. Stumpy

Mar 27, 2001
    This set is handled in Walnut and from sometime ago. The camp knife has been used extensively and recently had a shitty re-etch by me. Good thing I'm north of the boarder or a possible lawsuit may be in order.:D Matt's.jpg

Dawkind likes this.
  4. LongRifle

LongRifle

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks gents!

Stan your refinish looks good.

Dawkind likes this.
  5. LongRifle

LongRifle

Apr 5, 2000
    Dudley, I remember that chute knife. Linen micarta and bronze. I think it’s the second knife I sold.

6. Michael Starr

Michael Starr

Jul 17, 2003
    Here's a couple of 2006 vintage...

[​IMG]

Dawkind, Stumpy and LongRifle like this.
  7. RogerP

RogerP Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Here's a terrific damascus Southwest.

[​IMG]

8. Stumpy

Mar 27, 2001
    Very nice Roger.That is a fantastic piece.

LongRifle and RogerP like this.
  9. RogerP

RogerP Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Cheers.

10. 007 Agent ZZero

007 Agent ZZero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Here is the best mid tech Bowie ever made. Matt did the Devilfish Knives 3V Bowie to tremendous execution. I had 2 when they released, sold and or traded them. Then hunted another for 10 years. Not many people would do .270” 3V in a harpoon grind for a production run. I wish to hell he would do another run of any pattern.

7D4C1BC4-EA46-4569-92AA-98BA6C993826.jpeg

11. Johnnymichigan

Johnnymichigan

Feb 26, 2019
    Great knives. What a maker. I just traded for a Devilfish. So excited to see it get here Tuesday. I've been looking for one for a few years too