1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Let's see those 940's!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by combatjiujitsu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. grzess

grzess

Oct 26, 2013
  2. Nfd538

Nfd538

Jul 9, 2015
    That CF clip is nice.

3. FlyRice

FlyRice

Nov 5, 2015
    Thank you! I'm quite fond of it as well. Its one of M St. Clairs creations.

4. FlyRice

FlyRice

Nov 5, 2015

Hey are those g10 handles or are they aluminum? Their lines look so clean and sharp like they're made of alum with a special coating, definitely can't be rattle can, I'm assuming

5. Inebriated

Inebriated

Jul 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. grzess

grzess

Oct 26, 2013
    This is Benchmade 940Ti and Benchmade 940 Blue aluminium handle.

7. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Those blue twill scales are AMAZING!!! :eek: :cool: I've just about completely stripped the screw holes in my 943 from catching the clip on stuff over more than 10 years of EDC. These scales might just be the answer! :D

8. MemphisR32

MemphisR32

Nov 10, 2015
    Here is my first 940. It's a 940-1 that I wanted since I saw it. Ended up buying it to celebrate paying off about 37K in credit card debt. Felt good to hand over a wad of cash for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. adams-usmc

adams-usmc

Aug 30, 2011
    My trusty 940-1. Just an outstanding knife.

[​IMG]

10. 5seven

5seven Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Have carried one since they were first released, was a christmas present. Added a piece of carbon fibre to make it easier to pull from my pocket. Have won many bets with this knife. $20 says I can open and close it quicker than you can your knife. If I remember correctly, I was the 3rd person to wear out the spring in one from opening and closing it. Sent it in and benchmade fixed it. That was the first year I owned it and I had a job with alot of time on my hands. It has saved me in a few confrontational events. As you can see, I have enjoyed it and will keep on enjoying it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  11. deathofallthings

deathofallthings KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 3, 2011
    Thanks. I could likely helicoil those clip holes for you for a couple bucks if you're interested. Wouldn't be as cool as new scales, but at least you'd have your pocket clip back. Send me an email if you're interested: [email protected]

12. 5seven

5seven Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2015
    deathofallthings, very nice scales, love them. Do you install them or is that up to me.

13. d0nut

d0nut

Dec 5, 2012

That's up to you. He sells the scales, and you install them.

14. Krazy Cash

Krazy Cash

May 6, 2010
    I've got a new 940 on the way from one of our neighbors up north. Tracking says it should be here next week.

15. Helderberg

Helderberg

Dec 8, 2013
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Just this one. You other people have some amazing stuff. Very nice.
    Frank.

16. deathofallthings

deathofallthings KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 3, 2011
    Well if you send me the knife I can install them, but if you have a T6 and a T10 screwdriver, it's easy enough to do yourself.

17. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks Ryan. I have actually thought about doing that or Keenserts myself (I already have the correct sized Keenserts), but the three holes are so close together that I don't think it is possible unless I only did the outer two. So far, it hasn't come to that, as I did repair the threads to some extent with metal-filled epoxy, and used super glue the last time I installed the screws. That's held the clip pretty well so far, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before it fails for the last time.

Through my trade (wind tunnel testing), I know a few model techs who are very skilled with small TIG welders, and one I've already talked to thinks he could weld the holes closed pretty easily so I could re-drill the holes and re-tap the threads, without really being able to tell much anything was done.

But I think I like the idea of some of your blue twill scales better! ;) :D

18. rjwiggall

rjwiggall Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 25, 2014
    Here are my three (I have another coming tomorrow in the mail!), I usually take pics of what's in my pocket, so that's why all the other stuff is in the pics, sorry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

20. rjwiggall

rjwiggall Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 25, 2014
    Nice pic!