Let's see those customs from Mitchell Knives!

Let's post some pics of Johnathan work. I'll post the ones I have to start it off. Sorry for the low quality pics!

First off are a pair of his Wakizashi, both in 1/4 A2 and with his Rorschach Finish. One with a guard and one without.

Waki.jpg

Wakiback.jpg

WakiHandle.jpg

WakiTip.jpg

Next are his Vertigo (1/4 A2) and XL Soothsayer (1/8 1095 I think) both with Rorschach Finish and an Intruder (1/8 1095 I think)

VertigoSoothsayerIntruder.jpg

Lastly, are some of his Neck knives. First one is a Titanium Wharnnie, 2nd is Toge (1/4 A2), 3rd was a gift from Johnathan with No Name (0.06" CPM 154 I think) and 4th is a Titanium Done.

Neckers.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!

That's quite a collection you have there! ;)

Thanks for the support Mark!

Funny that you should post the wakizashi pics; I was just thinking about making another one for my next "big project".

Johnathan---I appreciate the opportunity to own some of your blades, Thanks! Another Waki would be sweet, what do you have in mind? One with a hamon would be killer IMO.

By the way, sorry I can't spell obviously...and my QC sux. Editing the title of this thread eludes me so I don't know how to correct the spelling.

376.. nice.. looking forward to my next Mitchell knife.. I have a few.. but no pics at this time and I'm too busy lately to take pics, resize, upload and post.. meh.. add to that, we have had perma grey lately so pics outside are drab... :/

lovin' that vertigo btw..

Johnathan---I appreciate the opportunity to own some of your blades, Thanks! Another Waki would be sweet, what do you have in mind? One with a hamon would be killer IMO.

By the way, sorry I can't spell obviously...and my QC sux. Editing the title of this thread eludes me so I don't know how to correct the spelling.

Thanks Mark! I'm glad that you enjoy them so much! (Sent you an email about your order)

I'm probably going to do a few double ground wakizashi with a kissaki tip. I cut out a few extra blades when I was making your set. They are 5160 IIRC.

I have some ideas floating around for different versions.

I'm thinking that an "ultra light" (maybe 1/8" stock A2) version would be an absolutely devastating cutter! Working on your recurves has me in lightweight knife mode at the moment.

I've also been considering a more modern wakizashi design, possibly a lightweight recurve. (Think your recurve in wakizashi form!)

I'd like to do a fully traditional version, but I'm afraid that would be a bit over my head at the moment as I'm not familiar with making traditional scabbards, etc.

Last edited:
Johnathan-- They all sound great!! I'm sure whatever you come up with, it's going to be sweet. I do think you should give a traditional version a go when you get the itch. I would love to see that one! Heck, make 'em all, I'm a sucker for wakizashi.

BTW I responded to your email. Thanks!

Sloth357---Thank you Sir! As you can see, Johnathan's work is addictive! I appreciate the compliment on the Vertigo, it's a tank. It usually rides on a drop leg rig. Tough blade.

Nice collection Mark!! I only have 1 from Johnathan but I'm working on getting a few more though

Thanks Deputy! Post pics of your knife when you can, I'd like to see some more of Johnathan's work.

Back