LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Good looking knives, Charlie!

Here are a couple harness jacks I picked up recently.

TTD6Ktr.jpg

0920181857_Film1.jpg 0920181853_Film1.jpg 0920181854_Film1.jpg
Took a pic for the new shield thread, thought I'd put some better pics of my Challenge up.
Edit: the tip of the punch is a bit more pointy, its just stuck in the post a little. Looked nipped off to me lol.

Attachments

• 0920181857_Film1.jpg
    0920181857_Film1.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0920181853_Film1.jpg
    0920181853_Film1.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Charlie- Stunning Robesons!!! Those Teardrops are absolutely fantastic!! Just look at that BP Shielded HJ- The Gorgeous colour of that Bone and Jigging!!! = Wow factor!

Barrett - Real nice HJ's my friend, evil Punches on them man!

Hillbilly - always love seeing your 100 year old friend- post it up anytime matey!

Well folks.....after this Thread falling into darkness- never, never again, I must admit I looked at the mammoth task of re-doing every photo because of the terrible Photobucket collapse - and I honestly thought the Thread was a goner- it was so so disheartening to see every post and photos a covered up advertisement square for photobucket.

But I have over the weeks come in now and then and tackled one page or a couple of pages at a time - and I have completed all my posts!!! I am Wrapped!
I will maintain this Thread 100% from now and wont let this one slip by.

can I ask if you have ever posted in here with these lovely HJ's- can I get you to check through- and if the Photobucket square is there- possibly edit and renew the photo? That would be SO much appreciated.

I will post up some new photos of Punch comparisons very soon, so in the meantime - please feel free to have a refresher and have a great day / night.

Take Care
Duncan

Well folks.....after this Thread falling into darkness- never, never again, I must admit I looked at the mammoth task of re-doing every photo because of the terrible Photobucket collapse - and I honestly thought the Thread was a goner- it was so so disheartening to see every post and photos a covered up advertisement square for photobucket.

But I have over the weeks come in now and then and tackled one page or a couple of pages at a time - and I have completed all my posts!!! I am Wrapped!
I will maintain this Thread 100% from now and wont let this one slip by.

can I ask if you have ever posted in here with these lovely HJ's- can I get you to check through- and if the Photobucket square is there- possibly edit and renew the photo? That would be SO much appreciated.

I will post up some new photos of Punch comparisons very soon, so in the meantime - please feel free to have a refresher and have a great day / night.

Take Care
Duncan
That must have been a BIG job. Thanks for taking the time to do that for us. :cool::thumbsup:

So, as time goes by I find a nagging voice in my mind, well theres actually several lol - but never mind my split personalities at this moment - but the voice is a continuation of reminding to study more about the Harness Jack and the Punches, I find just about every time I pull out my old HJ's or study the photos- or pick up something that Charlie has said- - there is STILL more and more coming out about these Punches.

I thought I had gained some steps- perhaps I have- but find more and more which makes me think that perhaps a fool I have made of myself for putting out thoughts of manufacturers - but then I think- no...Im giving it a go- I just need to find out more, so to follow will be some Punches on the HJ's of mine and show the same punches used on different stamped HJ's- creating answers but also creating more questions - I never knew a simple punch could be so in depth and shielding perhaps many out contracting secrets.

New York Knives, The quality of these knives is outstanding -
r4DfHiy.jpg

Not only does the Face side have their own tell-tale signs but also the Back of the Punches do to- as in the Shoulders, bevels etc.....heres the rear of these NYK's...
gjjb3St.jpg

Another couple of shots of the NYK Punch, these Tangs are two piece - as in Laminated, please see below....

ThDlaid.jpg

xkzv2mW.jpg

A Beautiful Old Miller HJ- The Face view of the Punch.
kaEcw81.jpg

and the rear - and now you can see the differences of even the rear of these Punches....

UIBDXAm.jpg

Last edited:
Back