1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Campbellclanman, Jul 28, 2013.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Teardrop Robesons!

Robeson TD HJs 1.jpg Robeson TD HJs 2.jpg Robeson TD HJs 3.jpg Robeson TD HJs 4.jpg Robeson TD HJs 5.jpg Robeson TD HJs 6.jpg

2. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
  3. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
  4. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    0920181857_Film1.jpg 0920181853_Film1.jpg 0920181854_Film1.jpg
    Took a pic for the new shield thread, thought I'd put some better pics of my Challenge up.
    Edit: the tip of the punch is a bit more pointy, its just stuck in the post a little. Looked nipped off to me lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  5. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Beauties, Barrett!!:D

Thanks Red!!:thumbsup:

Nice one Hillbilly!!:)

6. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Charlie- Stunning Robesons!!! Those Teardrops are absolutely fantastic!! Just look at that BP Shielded HJ- The Gorgeous colour of that Bone and Jigging!!! = Wow factor!

Barrett - Real nice HJ's my friend, evil Punches on them man!

Hillbilly - always love seeing your 100 year old friend- post it up anytime matey!

Nate Perkins and neal70 like this.
  7. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Well folks.....after this Thread falling into darkness- never, never again, I must admit I looked at the mammoth task of re-doing every photo because of the terrible Photobucket collapse - and I honestly thought the Thread was a goner- it was so so disheartening to see every post and photos a covered up advertisement square for photobucket.

But I have over the weeks come in now and then and tackled one page or a couple of pages at a time - and I have completed all my posts!!! I am Wrapped!
    I will maintain this Thread 100% from now and wont let this one slip by.

can I ask if you have ever posted in here with these lovely HJ's- can I get you to check through- and if the Photobucket square is there- possibly edit and renew the photo? That would be SO much appreciated.

I will post up some new photos of Punch comparisons very soon, so in the meantime - please feel free to have a refresher and have a great day / night.

Take Care
    Duncan

8. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Man... the stories that knife could tell!
    I love seeing old working knives, well used and cared for.

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That must have been a BIG job. Thanks for taking the time to do that for us. :cool::thumbsup:

Campbellclanman and neal70 like this.
  10. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Thanks indeed Duncan! Yeoman work my friend! That’s a horrifying, lol, amount of work.
    Thanks, Neal

Campbellclanman likes this.
  11. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks guys, yes lots of nights when I was literally falling asleep at the Keyboard!

I love this fine Ulster ( Dwight Divine ) - a very nice smaller HJ...

[​IMG]

12. chisumr

chisumr Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Great pictures everyone.

Jolipapa, Campbellclanman and neal70 like this.
  13. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Case Tested 6235 1/2 HJ!! Nice revival Duncan!! A Heroic effort!!:thumbsup:
    CaseTested 6235halfPU.jpg

14. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Wow!!
    Charlie - always a pleasure seeing your gorgeous knives that beautiful Case being a great example!

15. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    An old picture - my Red Hangmans Bone

[​IMG]

16. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    “Red Hangmans Bone”
    Now THAT is a name for Bone Handle - specially on a HJ! :cool:

17. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Great knives @waynorth and @Modoc ED ! Charlie one of the better awls I’ve seen on a Case! Ed, just a glorious knife!
    Thanks, Neal

18. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    So, as time goes by I find a nagging voice in my mind, well theres actually several lol - but never mind my split personalities at this moment - but the voice is a continuation of reminding to study more about the Harness Jack and the Punches, I find just about every time I pull out my old HJ's or study the photos- or pick up something that Charlie has said- - there is STILL more and more coming out about these Punches.

I thought I had gained some steps- perhaps I have- but find more and more which makes me think that perhaps a fool I have made of myself for putting out thoughts of manufacturers - but then I think- no...Im giving it a go- I just need to find out more, so to follow will be some Punches on the HJ's of mine and show the same punches used on different stamped HJ's- creating answers but also creating more questions - I never knew a simple punch could be so in depth and shielding perhaps many out contracting secrets.

neal70 and JohnDF like this.
  19. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    New York Knives, The quality of these knives is outstanding -
    [​IMG]

Not only does the Face side have their own tell-tale signs but also the Back of the Punches do to- as in the Shoulders, bevels etc.....heres the rear of these NYK's...
    [​IMG]

Another couple of shots of the NYK Punch, these Tangs are two piece - as in Laminated, please see below....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Beautiful Old Miller HJ- The Face view of the Punch.
    [​IMG]

and the rear - and now you can see the differences of even the rear of these Punches....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  20. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Here... the early Winchester HJ Punch some of you may reconise this? a beautiful "Fluted" ( Charlies description ) Punch- and what better way to describe it.....

[​IMG]

- here is the modern day take on this....

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, neal70, knowtracks and 2 others like this.