Let's see those strange survival knives !

I know there are many strange so called Survival knives out there, the TOPS Tracker springs immediately to mind, let's see some pics of the weird beasts.....please don't include made in China mall ninja products though, let's keep it to quality companies/makers !

Here are 2 to start it off, I actually think the first one looks pretty cool but at nearly $500 it should do eh !!!!!

surv.jpg

hkh2020.jpg

I gotta go with the Buckmaster. One of the all-time reigning champions of the "WTF" school of survival knife design.
Buckmaster-184-knife.jpg

Why do just one thing right, when you can do several things poorly?

I gotta go with the Buckmaster. One of the all-time reigning champions of the "WTF" school of survival knife design.
Buckmaster-184-knife.jpg

Why do just one thing right, when you can do several things poorly?

It never cleared to me what are those things for in the guard. Looks awfully uncomfortable.

The little screw in/out points on the guard were for use as an anchor or grappling hook.

It never cleared to me what are those things for in the guard. Looks awfully uncomfortable.

I believe they were originally intended so that the knife could be used as an improvised belay of some sort. Which was warped to imply that the knife could be used as a grappling hook. :eek: With predictable hilarity ensuing. :D

Why you would want to use your expensive, important survival tool as a cleat never made much sense to me. Is it really that hard to tie a knot?

A grappeling hook????????? Seriously? :eek:

:D hahahaha WTF? You better hit the ledge on the first throw, or run like hell!! How would you like to have that thing sailing back down at you!!!?? :D

Briliant. :D

How could we forget about these lil Gems from our good friends at Dark Ops:D

Well, no post of mine would be complete without some maniacal ravings about Condor, so here are some of their stranger pieces.

I have one of these guys (Bush Knife), as does Chewbacca since I sent him one in a giveaway. It may look odd, but it's patterned after a traditional Yorkshire-pattern billhook or fascine knife. GREAT tool.
CondorBush.jpg

The others I can't speak for since I have no experience with them.

The "Wilderness Tool." I think a couple of guys here have one of these odd ducks. :D
CTK3000B.jpg

And of course, this strange fella, the "Multi Knife"
multi-md.jpg

Back