Let's see your Bog Oak

Warrior108

Platinum Member
We don't seem to have a thread for Bog Oak so I'll kick it off ...

"Blade 2016 Bog Oak Booty"
I didn't get to attend this year but thankfully managed to score these pieces made for Blade 2016. Order by size:
  • W A Surls Palmer 3/32" SFT A2 Bog Oak over Black and White
  • W A Surls Big Palmer 3/32" SFT A2 Bog Oak over Black and White
  • Osprey Knife & Tool Hunter 1/8" CPM 154 TT Bog Oak over Black and White

"2016 Bog Oak Booty" (to date)
These are the pieces I've managed to obtain in 2016 so far. Order by size:
  • W A Surls Patch 3/32" SFT A2 Bog Oak over Black and White
  • W A Surls Palmer 3/32" SFT A2 Bog Oak over Black and White
  • W A Surls Big Palmer 3/32" SFT A2 Bog Oak over Black and White
  • Fiddleback Forge Old School Lady Finger 3/32 SFT A2 Bog Oak over Black and White
  • Osprey Knife & Tool Hunter 1/8" CPM 154 TT Bog Oak over Black and White

NOTE: Please contact me if you would be willing to change ownership on anything Bog Oak over Black and White (the thinner the better) :)

I only own one Bog Oak knife. Its a Monarch that was tumbled. Sweet knife.

That's looking like a Royal Flush straight out of the swamp......a winning hand !

Here's my humble contribution

BC Jr. Bladeshow 2016

IMG_1329-vi.jpg

How many sets of knife scales do you think would come out of this slab of B.o_On its way to the kiln ?

_63789694_63789693_zpswlwhz9ze.jpg

Impressive collection & beautiful blades Jerry.

For me the Bog Oak affliction has worn off a bit. I know it's heresy but I prefer blackwood :eek:

Thanks everyone!

Individual comments ...

Beautiful!
Love that Old school ladyfinger.
The Ladyfinger is awesome and the balance is outstanding. My mother-in-law loves it too and is determined to steal it from me. She told me she'll be less likely to steal it as long as I keep her hog butchering knives sharp.

Here's my humble contribution

BC Jr. Bladeshow 2016
Nice BC Jr.!

A Leuku certified at over 5,000 yrs old
Nice Leuku! I think you might have 2 of mine by a few hundred years :)

I only own one Bog Oak knife. Its a Monarch that was tumbled. Sweet knife.

Thanks. But it doesn't exist without pictures. I think you need to dig it up and post a pic here :)

Impressive collection & beautiful blades Jerry.

For me the Bog Oak affliction has worn off a bit. I know it's heresy but I prefer blackwood :eek:

Both Bog Oak and Blackwood are on my list (over black/white of course). Here's my strategy: The wife knows guns so there's no way of sneaking new guns in the house. She doesn't like knives so I'm hoping they will all just look kind of similar to her, having dark brown/black wood and black/white stripes.

Both Bog Oak and Blackwood are on my list (over black/white of course). Here's my strategy: The wife knows guns so there's no way of sneaking new guns in the house. She doesn't like knives so I'm hoping they will all just look kind of similar to her, having dark brown/black wood and black/white stripes.

Jerry, for your strategy to work you better store your knives in packs of three all over the place.... if they would be all in one place and assuming she can count you are screwed :D
I had two stashes but got caught while both were out...and got an ear full about how somebody would need that many knives...lalalalalalalalallaa....that was about what i can remember from the rest of the conversation!

That's my strategy as well :)

My chances of scoring Blackwood just plummeted :(

Back