Lets see your CPK in Leather!

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Great guesses! Well, all but the mammogram press.. o_O:oops:

Not a molding press, my work will always be hand boned as long as I have hands ;)

Clicker Press.

Not fair but ding ding ding ;)

Through a normal work day I have down time from 15-30 minutes depending on what I am working on, so I am going to start offering a line of ready to ship EDC accessories that I can work on during that time. To streamline the process I wanted a clicker press. I can't use them for my normal sheath work because I have about 2000 patterns on file so far and the dies would bankrupt me. The average clicker press takes the floor space of a residential refrigerator so I decided to make my own. I've seen a lot of people make them from H frame presses but they require a lot of jacking and are generally kind of iffy. I don't have space in my current "in home" leatherworking studio and putting a big one out in my shop defeats the purpose of working on them during down time, so I made my own.

The heart of it is a 2.5" tall 5 ton mini bottle jack. The aluminum frame is 3/8" and 1/2 thick. The larger nuts & bolts were used to assemble and square it, then to ensure it didn't shift under pressure I drilled and tapped the smaller screws through all pieces.

Once a die and leather is on the cutting board there's about 1/4" of travel between first pump and cutting the material.

Here are what the dies I have so far look like..

1.jpg

Here are a couple of proto's that were what the dies are based on. Ultimately these dies will be used for making clipped folder pouches, EDC wallets, Bi-Fold wallets, Balisong sheaths and front pocket wallets..

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG
Looking forward to putting it to use!

jus_gus

Gold Member
Bud has some nice Discrete Carry Concepts clip ISP for the ESEE3.:thumbsup::)

icSpNyp.jpg

QaoxEln.jpg

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC