Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by NJBillK, Jul 29, 2017.

1. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012

Just double check hardware spacing. Also if you need / want the leather for behind the ulticlip let me know. I’ll make one up for you.

2. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    I received this incredible Behemother sheath and Baldrig shoulder strap from William @duramax today and let me tell you I am just blown away! Its a work of art in a sort utilitarian kind of way. If anyone has had the privilege of working with Bill on a build, he is an extremely talented and dedicated sheathmaker who is even a better person. I've always wanted versatility when carrying a larger knife and this allows for belt carry , shoulder carry and has slots on the back for paracord or tacties if wanting to molle pack carry. Thanks again Bill!!!

IMG_1893.jpg IMG_1895.jpg IMG_1896 (1).jpg IMG_1897.jpg IMG_1899 (1).jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  3. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    @Tigerden

Thank you very much for the kind words !!!! I am really really glad you are happy with the whole setup!!!!!! It’s a beast of a rig for sure !!!!

Thank you !!

4. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Nice work! Very versatile rig.

5. duramax

Nov 29, 2012

Thank you :D

6. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    I’ve had the pleasure of Bills sheaths, all of them have been works of art with excellent retention, I kind of wonder what his scrap pile looks like to get this level of perfection?

7. duramax

Nov 29, 2012
    Thank you :)

Sometimes I luck out and screw up early on lol. Those don’t hurt as much as the ones just about finished. From almost done to just all done now , happens fast lol

8. fatfrog

fatfrog Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2019
    I can finally contribute to this subforum! Thanks @cpirtle for the sheath - all my leather sheaths in the past had more-to-be-desired retention but this thing holds on nicely. I will have to be careful taking it out.

PXL_20201223_154458494.jpg

PXL_20201223_154517855.jpg

9. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Thanks @fatfrog! Glad you are happy and that it FINALLY got there :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Believe it or not some still have not been delivered... ugh

10. jlauffer

jlauffer Tempt not the Blade Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Yep:mad:. Mine took 15 days to go from Springfield MA to Providence RI, which is less than 2 hours. Thought it would arrive today, but nope. But I can tell it will be worth the wait!:thumbsup:

11. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Carried my boot dagger on Christmas Day in my Pirtle sheath. :D

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

Icky Thump, BIGDORK, Tigerden and 9 others like this.
  12. fatfrog

fatfrog Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2019
    It was totally worth the wait!

cpirtle, Odog27, duramax and 3 others like this.
  13. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

This (finally!) arrived in the mail after 10+ days bouncing around Florida.

Anyway, this is a new sheath prototype from @duramax. It's lined with a thin layer of smooth leather and the retention is awesome around the blade. I have 2 layers of painter's tape around the front off the handle and will let it sit overnight to loosen up the mouth a bit. It will be in my boot tomorrow with a report to follow.

14. duramax

Nov 29, 2012
    I’m glad it finally got there !!! Looks good with the clip on there.

15. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Damn, that might be the winning package so far!

16. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Can’t go wrong with one of Bill’s sheaths, there are built for a couple of life times and they look good also!

17. jlauffer

jlauffer Tempt not the Blade Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Finally, and definitely worth the wait!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Also got my Mecha Ti card knife, which also took forever to get here.

IMG_0305_kindlephoto-535179193.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Icky Thump, VashHash, jus_gus and 7 others like this.
  18. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Glad to see it arrived and you like it, thanks for your patience!

19. Catdaddy2

Catdaddy2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Just received this sheath in from Bill (Duramax). This came out just how I wanted it. Asked for a high rider with orange stiching(family color). Bill was an absolute pleasure to deal with and a complete gentleman. This is for the DEK1. Thanks Bill.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. gunslinger387

gunslinger387 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Nice touch on the orange grommets.

BIGDORK, jus_gus, Catdaddy2 and 3 others like this.