Let's see your "first" knife!!!

Just thought it would be interesting to see everybody's first knife or knives they ever made. Come on folks - don't be shy - let's see where you all started at. You could do a first knife and then a current knife pic just to show how much you've improved. Might give beginners like myself some inspiration to know that we're only gonna get better :thumbup:

I'll go first (as soon as I find the pics) of my first knife.... actually, my first and only knife so far. :eek: But, now I have a shop I'm slowing getting going on another so there will be more in the future :D

Let's see whatcha got!

here is the first knife i made,due to being a prototype it was a works in progress for about a year.

knife1.jpg

it now belongs to my wife. The only power tool used in making it was a drill press, even the hollow ground bevel was done using files and an old grindstone run back and forth by hand and lots of sand paper.:)

www.hunt101.com
[/url][/IMG]

I guess is my second one. First one was a paring knife/Christmas present.
This one was "inspired" by Chiro75 and Ivan Campos.
This one is 1/4" A2 at 60RHC. Rob! (Ranger original) did the HT.
Handle is dark green under black. The resin soak darkened the green almost to black.

dsc003859lx.jpg

other side

dsc003892gw.jpg

Check out these flawless grinds and mirror polish! Heh....this was after a number of kits. I messed up the HT and it hardly holds an edge, but I use it for opening packages....

4.jpg

Very cool, keep 'em coming guys!

I'll be happy if I make one bali that looks like Darrel's first in my lifetime :)

Ric that is cool!!!
HF, it took 30 days!!!
My first bowie was a 12 inch blade to start with and ended up being abird and trout when finished!!!!!:D :D :D :p

Reading Richard338's post made me realize I havent seen Chiro75 post in a long time (although I wasnt able to check the boards for about a month, so I might have missed something?). Anyone know what happened to him? I hope everything is well with him as he was always very active.

Ryan

He posted some time back that personal issues were necessitating a break.

Back