Let's see your Osprey K/T

My Apache being eaten alive by rogue Sulpher Polypore

jsjgI0Ul.jpg

I have heard they're good also, although I've never eaten one. I believe you have to pick them when they're a lot younger than this one though.

I have heard they're good also, although I've never eaten one. I believe you have to pick them when they're a lot younger than this one though.

I've heard that the younger ones are preferred as well. I don't know enough about them, but I've seen people harvesting and eating ones similar to the one in your picture.

Hah! There you go. If you try it let me know how it is!

Okay, here we are at my culinary 101. I found more today and brought some home and saute'd it in butter. It really tasted more like a mild fish to me (not a fish fan). Perhaps used as part of a recipe I would have found it more palatable. It's been about 8 hours with no side effects so I guess it's okay. All in all, if I was hungry I'd eat it but I wouldn't forage it for a treat :barf:

Okay, here we are at my culinary 101. I found more today and brought some home and saute'd it in butter. It really tasted more like a mild fish to me (not a fish fan). Perhaps used as part of a recipe I would have found it more palatable. It's been about 8 hours with no side effects so I guess it's okay. All in all, if I was hungry I'd eat it but I wouldn't forage it for a treat :barf:

Thanks for the info! I imagine it may be similar to lobster mushrooms. The ones in my avatar. Mild seafood flavor, kind of snappy texture.

I prefer morels, chanterelles, and some others.

Amish, you got guts, man. Hope you're still feeling well today.

Amish, you got guts, man. Hope you're still feeling well today.

I was just kidding about the side effects, I actually knew they were edible, I'd just never tried them as I'm not a fan of chicken and even less a fan of fish, but thanks for your concern:thumbup:

My WartHog ( at least I think it's still called that ) :D with some fantastic spalted maple scales:

Tapered Tang with a flat grind on ⅛” CPM154

E-Lilly's Electric Plum out riding the rails :

I just wish she'd quit thumbing that blade and glancing at me with her incredibly dazzling smile while saying "root or die bitch, root or die" :eek:

Warthog Hunter w/ electric plum over natural liners & white pinstripes, Tapered Tang
flat ground on ⅛” CPM 154

Continuing the adventures of my commando Warthog. It's been riding in my front right pocket every day since I received it. From my work pants to my jeans/shorts after work. My typical EDC folder and been left on the shelf. I'm really enjoying having a fixed blade on me.

I didn't take any pictures, but I used it a lot at work last week during the removal of frost fabric from our seedling tree beds. I will be doing more of that next week and will try to take a picture of two. The 'Hog zips through frost fabric like nothing. It's also cut apples during lunch and other small tasks here and there.

I used it to cut a little bunch of wild asparagus earlier this week. It's been rainy here in last few days and it's really nice to have a stainless blade that I don't need to worry about.
Dk580irl.jpg

Channeling my inner mistwalker with this picture, I'm showing the start of fruit on a Nanking cherry (Prunus tomentosa). These small little cherries are delicious and great for jellies and the like, tough to use in pies because they're fairly small, but I've done it... once.
o6CHYOGl.jpg

It also helped out while I (finally) was replacing the internals of our leaky toilet. Opening packages and cutting tubing.
D676Nxbl.jpg

Loving this knife more and more every day! :thumbup:

Back