1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets see your special HI blades!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by philllll, Aug 15, 2013.

1. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    I want to see your special and/or rare HI knives. Not the ones in the catalog. Something that hasn't been offered for a while. Traditional or non-traditional. Anything goes!

I'll start things off with my Bahadur.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  2. crystalEyes

crystalEyes

Sep 28, 2012
    [​IMG]

my recently acquired butterfly sword by rajkumar. 23" total length and 1/4" spine. It's essentially a shortened tarwar with a d-guard. I particularly love the beefy handle which suits my banana hands well. I believe its the first of its kind made by HI. At least I haven't seen anything like it.

3. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    You were using the wrong image code, crystalEyes. You need to use the one with [IMG]XXXXXXX[/IMG] tags attached to it. I fixed this one for you.

4. crystalEyes

crystalEyes

Sep 28, 2012
    Much appreciated karda. I havent posted pix on a forum for some time and couldnt get my phone to cooperate lol.

5. philllll

May 23, 2013
    That butterfly sword is cool! I know butterfly swords are traditionally Chinese, but yours would look just as at home on a pirate ship.

6. crystalEyes

crystalEyes

Sep 28, 2012
    Yeah its not exactly a traditional butterfly sword which usually come in pairs, more of a no-nonsense, standalone chopper, or maybe a good off hand parrying weapon.

Whats the story on your blade? Is it a filipino design? Im not terribly familiar with the bahadar, but that handle does look smooth.

7. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Nothing special, buy rarely see sirupati.

8. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    The term is actually Bahadur (Nepali word for "Brave") Knife.

9. philllll

May 23, 2013
    Thanks, my bad on the spelling.

10. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    [​IMG]

11. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    holy! those are so wonderful ! jay goliath you have impeccable taste-(anyone who buys from HI does though)-- I shall now have to take pictures of all my 1999-2000 khukuri to try to impress you with my bura's and durba's ( curse you , starter of this thread, I dont want to show off but I constantly look for an opportunity or reason to post my knives, now im going to spend all day trying to put them in a perfect place and take a family picture ;o . this wont be all of them, just my earliest knives, that definitely can't be attained again.

great thread, i love seeing all the unique and rare stuff ( only really special knife other than the fancy one is a yvsa from the first run of yvsas)
    also I think i may have a gelbu special that bura worked with raj kumar on ? it has a strange mark beside the crescent moon that looks just like the devanghari K.

will edit in my pictures from here omg excited

12. Gorman

Gorman

Sep 14, 2012
    This knife of yours is particularly beautiful too, and certainly special.

13. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Gorman,

It's a Bura piece that sold off but stays very close to Malaysia :D
    My collection is nothing. There are a lot out there whose collection will put you out to read HI histories all week long, apart from Auntie's and Karda's.

14. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    regardless thats a particularly dazzling knife and we are all glad you posted it, can you tell me what the devanghari says?

15. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    It means Salyan, the one that started H.I

[​IMG]

16. ogriso

ogriso

Dec 11, 2012
    Great thread! very beautiful knives! :thumbup:

I don't have anything special to show here, unfortunately.

17. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    need a run of silver mounted salyan with garuda on the blades

18. philllll

May 23, 2013
    I honestly don't know the story behind it, but it is a great knife. I love the handle shape. It's big and heavy, too. Doesn't come with a karda or chakma.

19. philllll

May 23, 2013
    The cho on that old Salyan is very cool.

20. Berkley

Berkley

May 5, 1999
    [​IMG]
    The HI Museum Model