Let's see your spike hawks

I'm going to start a few of these, see if we can get this place movin :D
I've posted these before but I thought I'd start this off.
Here are three through the haft spike hawks I forged up out of some very good early Sorby chisels. Light weight, great throwers, ash hafts, Not for chopping:D
Best regards

Robin
4150389265_787286b414.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
The striped one on the right is number three.
4459857069_f4bfe960f6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Here are a few.....

Attachments

• Tambootie.jpg
    Tambootie.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
  • ATCemerson03186.jpg
    ATCemerson03186.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 78
  • RayRichards.com.jpg
    RayRichards.com.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 103
  • brantonbrend012008.jpg
    brantonbrend012008.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 92
  • sibertcopy.jpg
    sibertcopy.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 87
Here is one I bought last week. It may be my first but I doubt it will be my last.

0092.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

Here are a few pictures of me doing an 8 count drill whit my Sayoc. That front spike on the axe is very effective as an offensive weapon, but does limit it as a tool.

I'm going to start a few of these, see if we can get this place movin :D
I've posted these before but I thought I'd start this off.
Here are three through the haft spike hawks I forged up out of some very good early Sorby chisels. Light weight, great throwers, ash hafts, Not for chopping:D
Best regards

Robin
4150389265_787286b414.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
The striped one on the right is number three.
4459857069_f4bfe960f6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

How is the head attached to the handle on that type of hawk? It is mind blowingly beautiful by the way.

Hi Ed
These ones I made with a channel for the "tang" and shoulders both sides to lock it in place. Seem to hang in there for throwing. I'm going to make more soon with a heavier haft.

Keep safe Bro

R

I don't know where it came from - looks like a copy of Magua's hawk from last of the Mohican's

Yes its from North River Custom. That kukri I bought at a swap meet. It was in real bad shape, the blade was rusty and dull and the handle was wrapped in electrical tape:grumpy:.

I nursed it back to its original condition. I think it’s at least 50 years old, it belong to a missionary that worked in the south Asian region at that time.

Last edited:
Back