1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Let's see your W.A. Surls Knife!

Discussion in 'W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives)' started by allen456, Mar 14, 2014.

1. allen456

allen456 Moderator Moderator

Nov 13, 2012
    Post pics of your WAS knife! I would love to see them in action!

2. NUTRAMAC

NUTRAMAC Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 8, 2014
    Cpm patriot redwood burls mosaic pins.

Slicing machine

image.jpg

3. cmroberts1

cmroberts1 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Badger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Muskrat XL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Martin

4. NUTRAMAC

May 8, 2014
    Dang Martin that's a nice muskrat!

5. Joe Duder

Joe Duder

Jan 22, 2013
    I found it.

6. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    Specs are OAL 9" with Handle length: 4.75" Blade length: 4.25"

7. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Bantam I picked up at Blade 2014.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. NUTRAMAC

May 8, 2014
    Nice bantam is that his latest model looks great.

9. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    Yes, the is the Bantam V2. I shrunk the blade height slightly and changed the butt a bit to an angler design.

10. NUTRAMAC

May 8, 2014
    I like it!
    How about one with the walrus umm...

11. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    Haven't used the walrus umm.... yet, lol

Great pics, keep them coming!!!

12. McVeyMac

McVeyMac Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Here is my humble WAS collection. Top to bottom are Bush Adder X 3, Moccasin, Patriot, Canebrake, and last, Stingray EDC.

[​IMG]

I got some outside pictures today, so I am going to add threads for each model with better pictures. I will say here that the Bush Adders are so different that they do not feel like the same knife in hand, other than the blade shape and size.

13. allen456

Nov 13, 2012
    Looks great! Thank you for the support! The bolstered Bush Adder is actually the first one ever made and the Tulip wood one is the third! Also, the moccosain is the second one ever made. Nice collection, what will be next, lol.

14. Elite_KG

Elite_KG Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Perfect timing on this post. I actually debated earlier today about requesting a comparison between the patriot, canebrake, and stingray for size comparisons. This post helps a lot.
    So is it safe to say the canebrake and stingray are the same size just with a different profile handle?
    The third Bush Adder appears to have a filler handle in the pic. Is that so or is it a false appearance in the picture? Love the higher grind on it.
    I really dig the bolstered Bush Adder (seemingly thinner handle and all) and the canebrake and stingray EDC are both awesome. Not sure I could decide between those two. Allen really has a bunch of nice models that resonate well with my likings.
    Great post!

15. McVeyMac

McVeyMac Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2013
    The Stingray EDC has a slightly shorter handle than the Canebrake. Blade shape and grinds are almost identical. Personally, I prefer the longer handle of the Canebrake. In certain grips, the Stingray has a 3.5 finger grip in my hand, where the Canebrake is a solid 4 fingers with all grips with my hands.

16. Bill510c

Bill510c Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Have been meaning to do this. Here is my collection as it stands right now, may have some new additions shortly...

Group shot

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Spine shot

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Badger

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Patriot

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Stingray (Serial No. 001)

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And again, love this little beauty

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And my Companion. (Also Serial no. 001)

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

17. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Nice collection Bill! Seeing that stingray in your hand makes me want to get one!

18. Bill510c

Aug 5, 2011
    Thank you Hasco. I highly recommend the Stingray. In my opinion it makes a great EDC. It is just the right size to handle most daily tasks. Also Allen does a great job making sure it looks good at the same time.

19. NUTRAMAC

May 8, 2014
    Thanks for those great pics bill that sapphire patriot and the bacon slab is great my friend!

20. Bill510c

Aug 5, 2011
    My pleasure buddy. I agree on those two. I couldn't believe that patriot didn't sell, the blue really pops.