Lets talk GEC!

I vote for the federal shield and diamond. The federal is prolly my all time favorite as it looks great on almost any knife !

What's the word on the NF Barlow, a 77? I was away for a bit and didn't know a run was coming.

There's information in the NF barlow thread. The long and short of it is there was a facebook poll awhile back regarding covers. If I recall correctly Mike put feelers out in the thread for what everyone was wanting. If I recall correctly he said it would be later in the year... I think it was around Spring when he mentioned that. My overall takeaway was that it would be sometime in the fall, but I didn't commit every part of the thread to memory... and you know anything regarding GEC info is always changing.

Charlie has an old Shapleigh diamond edge that has slanted bolsters but the slant on each bolster is parallel unlike GEC has done in the past. It would be cool to make a GEC version of that knife with parallel slanted bolsters and a diamond shield.

Personally, I'm really just excited about the bull moose. I've been wanting an 81 and a moose pattern for years now.

2017 is shaping up to be one of the better years of GEC, in my opinion.

Oh my, GEC never ceases to amaze me.
We begged for another 38 whittler, and they give us a single blade.
We pleaded for a 35 scout, and they give us a calf pen jack knife thing.
We were so desperate that we just about funded our own run of 81 stockmans, and they give us a moose!
I'm usually happy that Bill marches to the beat of his own drum, but man, sometimes his decisions really leaves me scratching the old noodle...

I'm not sure the #81 Bull Moose is for me, but I've said that about upcoming GEC runs before, then been wowed when I saw the actual knives in production.

I was tempted by a couple of the recent #66's (in particular the Antique Autumn with the corset shield and the Chestnut Peachseed SFO with the propeller shield), but I've been trying to curb my knife-buying a bit that last couple months, so I didn't end up pulling the trigger on either. I don't think I have any 3-blade GECs, but I'm sure I'll pick one up one eventually.

I am looking forward to the upcoming #25 Barlows, and of course I put my order in for the Forum Knife. GEC always seems to have something coming up that's capable of lightening my wallet a bit. :D

I was tempted by a couple of the recent #66's (in particular the Antique Autumn with the corset shield and the Chestnut Peachseed SFO with the propeller shield), but I've been trying to curb my knife-buying a bit that last couple months, so I didn't end up pulling the trigger on either. I don't think I have any 3-blade GECs, but I'm sure I'll pick one up one eventually.
I was both disappointed and relieved that this run of #66 Stockmans didn't have an awl instead of the spey blade, or I wouldn't have been able to resist. :D
I've got enough Buck 303s and vintage Camillus, Schrade, and Kutmaster Stockmans that I just couldn't justify buying a new GEC version.

They sure are purdy, though...

What blade configuration will the #77 barlow have?

If I recall correctly the majority on the poll voted for spear blade. I was hoping for sheepsfoot. I think Mike posted something along the lines of him having the sheepsfoot in mind for 2017 but planned to go with the poll vote for spear.

I'm sure this question has been asked many times already but I must of missed it so here goes. Will there be a regular run of #25s as well as Mike's (C.K.s) SFO?

I'm sure this question has been asked many times already but I must of missed it so here goes. Will there be a regular run of #25s as well as Mike's (C.K.s) SFO?

Yes, tidioute barlow regular run and Northwoods bullet jack. All the Northfields are CK SFO.

There will be a regular run of Tidioute #25 Barlows that all the dealers should receive. The Tidioutes will be Pioneer Bone, Jigged Bone, Olive Drab Micarta, and Ivory Acrylic.

This is just my speculation, but there could also be SFO's for other dealers like all of the runs seem to have.

Last edited:
Back