Lets talk GEC!

The blood red 66s look good. My question for anyone who can zoom in better is: Is that a #15 Boy's Knife with sheepsfoot (closed) and another full size blade (open)? If so, and if it's a clip, I'm pretty excited. I'm on my phone though, so may certainly be wrong.
IMG_20170721_150102.jpg

Sure looks like it, Ryan. Could that just be a bench knife from a previous run, though? The scales kind of look like the NifeBrite glow in the dark acrylic...

Also, those Blood Reds do look really good. Man, what a great run this turned into. Pretty much everything looks great, with the exception, perhaps, of the blue camel bone knives. Given that they only released a few of them, I'm not sure that they took the dye very well...

Last edited:
I wonder if the employees are allowed to assemble "parts knives" for themselves, or anything cool like that.

My guess is that is a knife that inadvertently ended up in the pic.

Sure looks like it, Ryan. Could that just be a bench knife from a previous run, though? The scales kind of look like the NifeBrite glow in the dark acrylic...
It certainly could be just a one-off. I certainly don't mean to speculate and don't want to spread incorrect information - but I've been hoping to see a #15 (or anything at 3.5") with a clip and sheepsfoot, and this photo just got me excited. Could be a spear though too I suppose.

It looks like a crown lifter in NifeBrite
Yeah, it certainly could be. It looks to me like there's an edge on it though - again, on my phone, so not the best of conditions. I'm going to temper my enthusiasm though, because after measuring it on the photo, I think if it is a blade, it's not full length. Oh well.:(

It certainly could be just a one-off. I certainly don't mean to speculate and don't want to spread incorrect information - but I've been hoping to see a #15 (or anything at 3.5") with a clip and sheepsfoot, and this photo just got me excited. Could be a spear though too I suppose.
Ryan, the new Churchill is just that but a bit bigger at 3 3/4". Might not be too bad as a single spring though.

Yeah, it certainly could be. It looks to me like there's an edge on it though - again, on my phone, so not the best of conditions. I'm going to temper my enthusiasm though, because after measuring it on the photo, I think if it is a blade, it's not full length. Oh well.:(
It looks to me like a #15 Easy Open Scout in Nifebright with the pen blade open.

I didn't even try for a TC, figuring I'd leave the chance to someone who missed out on buying a Forum knife. (also I spent my knife money for the summer already) :)

Who else saw that?! Man it was a flash, it closed up quick...guess who reserved a TC?! This guy!
Awesome!!! I tried but no luck. You beat me to it!! I'm glad you got through. I really want to see the Red Saw Cut. Maybe that will be your safe queen over the ebony?

It looks to me like a #15 Easy Open Scout in Nifebright with the pen blade open.

I didn't even try for a TC, figuring I'd leave the chance to someone who missed out on buying a Forum knife. (also I spent my knife money for the summer already) :)
I hear ya!! Money is tight here and only half way into summer!

I landed one too. Did anyone get the confirmation email?

I just checked and I put my email in wrong.

Last edited:

It wouldn't be practical to put two full size blades in a frame with an easy open notch, you wouldn't be able to pinch the blade.

You landed the TC Barlow?
Without talking about the buying process or anything like that. I just looked and realized it says standby. :oops: I work landscaping and tree work and I'm in the thick of ALOT of work. It's 90 degrees today and most of the week. My brain must of been melting when I checked email. Must of been wishful thinking. I could of sworn it said ok. Lol. Oh well. I'm not bummed because there was such a small amount. I'll keep my eyes peeled in the future and be happy with my BF Barlow. I don't do FB so I can't participate in any of the fun for people who missed out.

Mine said successful for sure but I think I missed out because I put b instead of a n in my email when trying to type fast in the car.

It wouldn't be practical to put two full size blades in a frame with an easy open notch, you wouldn't be able to pinch the blade.
I was thinking a clip would dip down enough to get purchase on the sheepsfoot. Either way it matters not - as I jumped the gun in unwarranted jubilation.:oops:

Awesome!!! I tried but no luck. You beat me to it!! I'm glad you got through. I really want to see the Red Saw Cut. Maybe that will be your safe queen over the ebony?

I only reserved one, I reserved the red saw cut. I have a forum knife coming as well and thought I would leave an ebony for someone else.

I landed one too. Did anyone get the confirmation email?

I just checked and I put my email in wrong.
Grrrr!! Keep trying. I was too late but did get a Blade Forum. My first GEC Barlow. I don't own any yet. So, I am right with ya. Keep an eye out and you WILL land one.

Back