Lets talk GEC!

Two posts have been moved offline. Also moved two posts containing quotes from same.
Keep the cursing out of here, please, along with any political comments. Questions? Read the guidelines.

Edited to add: if you want to complain about a dealer, manufacturer, bad exchange deal etc, Feedback in the Exchange area is the place to do it.

There was a discussion about stabilized wood awhile back . I think some people confused stable for stabilized. "Stabilized "is resin impregnated and "stable" is properly dried or cured , no additives . Later being either air dried or kiln dried

Most of my Great Eastern Cutlery knives have been purchased from online dealers. I am too new here to have bought one from this forum. I have bought a few used, or pre-owned Great Eastern Cutlery knives with good luck. I’ve found that if there is a pattern I really want that is off the dealer shelves, I can, with patience, find one at a fair price. So, I really have no complaints about Great Eastern Cutlery’s release schedules.

When we talk resin impregnated wood, I think the term we're looking for is "stamina wood", made famous under the brand name of Dymondwood. Layers of birch, impregnated with resin. Very tough stuff. Basically the wood version of micarta.

Not I. Dymondwood is that nasty mixed color mess by stacking different colored wood. Stabilized is vacuum impregnating wood with a resin mix to strengthen it and make it easier to work with.

I sure wish we'd see some 23s in the next year or two from our great cutlery company in the east. I'm also dying for the Slipjoint version of the 83! I assume it's coming, one of these years.

20190606-113736.jpg

Back