Let's talk Northwoods

I missed on the blue sawcut, couldn't check out fast enough. I did get a tractor green and a black linen little bay from the stragglers

I was really hoping to get a creamy/bluish colored giraffe, and was so close 3 different times...but alas.

Had zero chance at blue sawcut.

I did get a rich dark brown one though, that I think will be pretty nice.
View attachment 1227295

To be honest, Ryan, that is some of the loveliest Giraffe Bone I've seen. So rich, but not in a garish way.

I will be honest, I almost bent and made an attempt at this run of Northwoods. I really liked the Blue Sawcut but the reports coming in confirm why I avoid these runs. It keeps my blood pressure halfway reasonable by abstaining. Congrats to those who scored some of these beauties!

Did anybody save an image of the red/black linen? Looking for the image they used today - the one that shows both sides in one shot. In the mad dash today I only ended up saving the tiny thumbnail. Thank you

The green and blue were on fire - their looks.

I like smaller knives these days, so I have not gotten the last two offerings.

As a Northwoods enthusiast, congrats to all who scored.

I'm getting to old for all this excitement but it sure is worth it when you score a knife or two :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:. I got lucky, being home on the PC is a lot easier for me then trying to purchase on the phone or laptop, I was able to get a tractor green jig bone and a desert ironwood with nice grain on both side, IMO.

northwoods-ocoee-jack-desert-ironwood-19__02710.1572980332.jpg northwoods-ocoee-jack-desert-ironwood-back-19__71426.1572980332.jpg

I got a green tractor at 2:04, it was the one I really wanted! Then I went to get an ironwood as my second choice and all gone! There were 4 pages of them intially. I couldn't believe how quick they went!

Do people actually take the extra seconds to drag copy the full size pix before checking out? Gutsy!

Will KSF send me the studio shot of the giraffe I got?

Oh hey, nice to see discussion about my husband’s new interest.

This afternoon I tried for the two knives dear hubs wanted most...but missed. Rats. Did snag the redblack linen and a pretty giraffe bone one which I hope he will like. Was stunned as it seems like they sold out in less than 15 minutes? Must be faster next time!

Is there any way to find out how many of each were made? Thank you for any information.
I’m brand new to this whole knife thing. In case it’s not obvious. Ha.

Guess I was lucky, judging from the posts here it looks like quite a few people were after the blue sawcut and ironwood. I picked up the red/black striped micarta and this yellowish blackish giraffe.

MiQ9Ucq.jpg

Nice score! I could have sworn I had that one in my cart but when I looked later, it turned out to be this one:

I barely had that order finished when I opened up a new page and somehow managed to get this one as well.

My third attempt was for an Ironwood but I was too slow!

Congrats to everyone who got a knife!

This isn't intended to start a political drama, but some things I was reading earlier this year makes me think giraffe bone is going to go the way of Elephant Ivory pretty soon.

Do people actually take the extra seconds to drag copy the full size pix before checking out? Gutsy!

They’ll send it to you if you email them and tell them which one

Oh hey, nice to see discussion about my husband’s new interest.

This afternoon I tried for the two knives dear hubs wanted most...but missed. Rats. Did snag the redblack linen and a pretty giraffe bone one which I hope he will like. Was stunned as it seems like they sold out in less than 15 minutes? Must be faster next time!

Is there any way to find out how many of each were made? Thank you for any information.
I’m brand new to this whole knife thing. In case it’s not obvious. Ha.
500 total, 100 of each cover

I got my photo after from the order page. Gone now.

I was able to get pics from my account after my order was placed but not now. You can try from your account and if it works let’s see a pic of that giraffe.

Either that or you can go through your browsing history and pull it up.
They must have taken the photos down pretty quick. I like to leisurely look through the pictures after a drop by changing the numbers at the end of the url. Not able to do it this time.

I have a wavy grained ironwood headed my way.

Arrggghhh! I totally missed this one (see whining below). Congrats to those who were able to grab one or more!

I've been really swamped at work lately and totally forgot about this, thinking it was tomorrow. I normally block off my work calendar at drop time and but again was a day late. To boot, I ALWAYS check my personal email at lunch, which would have reminded me of the drop today, but I failed to do that too....

Arrggghhh! I totally missed this one (see whining below). Congrats to those who were able to grab one or more!

I've been really swamped at work lately and totally forgot about this, thinking it was tomorrow. I normally block off my work calendar at drop time and but again was a day late. To boot, I ALWAYS check my personal email at lunch, which would have reminded me of the drop today, but I failed to do that too....

I totally understand, I'm retired now but when I was working I didn't have time for anything let alone trying to score a knife when it dropped, hopefully you can score one on our exchange at a decent price.

Work had me out in the middle of nowhere today. With one bar of service I tried my luck for a blue sawcut. Amazed that the site loaded, but no luck, already sold out. Refreshed and went for the tractor green. A mini modern miracle I was able to complete the transaction. It was a good day.

Back