"Leviathan" Concept and Prototype

X3 or whatever count we're at now.

nick, we both like that 2nd knife from the bottom... lets get some more on board and maybe leviathan 2.0 will be our pick :D

I'm really digging the second knife from the bottom! Too bad it didn't make the cut. As for handles I think micarta or g10 would be nice. Have you put any thought into the blade finish?

Damn spear-point fans...:grumpy::D I went with the drop point over the spear point for several reasons:

1. I want as much weight at the tip as possible for chopping and prying tasks
2. Most spear points are sabre ground and right now I'm in a flat grinding groove.
3. I already had one design focused on stabbing/slashing and wanted a more outdoors related shape.

BUT since you guys seem so passionate about it I can guarantee a spear point sometime in the future...

They both look amazing, William, but I am especially fond of the harpoon wharncliffe. Looking forward to the spearpoint as well:D

Laser etch test on G10.

20120801_181838.jpg

I wasn't sure how nice the image quality would be since g10 is a laminate material but it turned out great and left a nice grippy subsurface texture.

It's beautiful. Still, are you concerned that some of the smaller raised island-like details might get bumped off in hard use?

That's not a Leviathan, that's Cthulhu! ;)
Lol. Technically any massive sea creature could be a Leviathan.

It's beautiful. Still, are you concerned that some of the smaller raised island-like details might get bumped off in hard use?
Not a chance. G10 is very stable and the texture feels quite secure. Honestly though this design was just a test. Any graphic I use will be more "robust".

I would like to be contacted when ordering times comes around!! Especially since I missed out on the TiTan!!!

Back