liberty or death

After reading responses from my kentucky rifle post i have aquestion about another knife a Patrick Henry liberty or deth stockman. If this knife has a ser.# on bolster is it more collectable. Thanks in advance.......bigfish
miscknives024.jpg

Can't help with collectability or serial # on bolster but it is a beaut. :cool:

A little information I found.....

This looks like a knife that is part of 12,000 sets of 5 issued for our bicentennial (possibly as early as 1974).....honoring Patrick Henry, Nathan Hale, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington. All the sets were serialized. I would be guessing at value for one piece, so I won't.

Hopefully others here will be able to add more for you.

Bill

textoothpk

BANNED
From page 273 of Jim Parker's 'Pocket Knife Trader's Price Guide'- vol. 6:

1976-1978. Yep, made for Parker Frost by Schrade. As all the knives in this particular set were serialized, it wouldn't make any difference in value. As these were among the first knives issued by Jim Parker/Jim Frost, they would be as interesting (perhaps more so) to a Parker collector as they are to Schrade guys. I would ignore the value given on the page; Jim Parker was infamous for inflating the value of his own products. Ebay would be the best place to gauge value.

Nice knife! Thanks for showing it, bigfish!

Phil
361274.jpg

Good shot redshanks...a bullseye. :D

textoothpk offers good information and sound advice, as usual. Regarding the value, Levine's doesn't list one, and Houston Price mentions $150 for a whole set...maybe a keeper? I bet it would be hard to get a new knife that nice, for what it might bring on eBay. JMO.

Bill