"Life-Capsule" prototype, what do you guys think?

pm

BANNED
lifecap-proto.jpg

survivor-folks,

here is a product we are developing, which we call the "life-capsule".

our intention was to create a miminal survival kit which could could be worn around the neck at all times. by no means did we intend for this to be a comprehensive kit, but a bare bones capsule to house what one could use in a last ditch scenario.

the prototype shown is 0.75" in diameter and about 3.5" long. milled from a solid T6 bar stock, it is just about the same size as a "CMG" task light, but a 0.25" longer, and very similar in appearance.

the main compartment is designed to fit a rolled up US paper currency, a couple of matches, small fish hook and line, cut down birthday candle, and some other smallish items. the other compartment is designed specifically to fit the SAS survival compass, but will also do nicely for water purifications tabs, asprin, etc.

of course these can be filled with whatever the owner chooses to outfit themselves with, but we made it with those basic items in mind.

it is matte finish so it is compfortable against the chest, both ends of the capsule will feature o-rings to keep it water tight and it will come with a neck chain.

it will be most likely anodized clear in color.

we have received very enthusiastic reviews so far and would like to hear what you guys think! :)

Patrick,

Congratulations on such a great design. I love it!!

Please book me one for delivery as soon as they come in.

Please note that in some past discussions, people wanted Chris Reeve Project 1 type of hollow handle survival knives to fit a Photon II light. However, the width is smaller than Photon so that was out of the question. I think that it will be a great advantage to say that your design will fit a Photon II (although I dont have one in front of me to measure ) ;)
:)

Warmest wishes,

Oliver

It looks like a great idea that you could put anything in. I can't imagine a situation where I would need cash, fish hooks, and a birthday candle, and not have anything else with me, so if I got one I'd probably keep other things in it. But it's versatile enough I could keep anything in it. And thinking of another thread that's in this forum now, could you keep Zippo fluid in it, or would that damage the O rings?

I like it! Looks like a super tough way to carry those little items that usually get misplaced when needed most. If it's comfortable and lightweight enough, i'd wear it everyday. Please post here when they are available.

thank you for the feedback gentlemen!

we will certainly post up the finishes product when complete.

the o-rings will keep moisture out but they may breakdown with a fluid such as zippo fuel. i would not recommend it for that particular application.

I already carry around a pill fob shaped something like this. If I could use it as a pill fob and throw a little cash in there, it could be really useful. It looks interesting to me.

Joe

Back