Light chopper first use

Really really loved it great blade and still shaving sharp after about two hours of use. My question is with the new heat treat do I need to oil it after use?

Really really loved it great blade and still shaving sharp after about two hours of use. My question is with the new heat treat do I need to oil it after use?

I don't. But then again I don't care if it stains either.

D-3V is semi-stainless. If you want it to say pretty you can clean the blade with acetone or similar, then oil. I like air tool oil because it doesn't get sticky and it has corrosion inhibitors.

Thanks Nate. I just cleaned mine off and dryed it to see if it leaves any stains. I just don't want rust.

I've purposely left my A2 LC in its sheath, wet, for several days. It stained, but no rust.
I'll do the same with my D3V version and let you know how it went.

Clean mine with soap and water then dry and spray with Rem oil or Balistol.

I'm going to let mine patina, and see how it compares to a regular 3V with less chromium free. I'll wipe it down to make sure there is nothing on it and put it away. I'm going to buff the lanyard hole on the scales tonight and I will put it back in it's sheath and see what happens.

I'm going to let mine patina, and see how it compares to a regular 3V with less chromium free. I'll wipe it down to make sure there is nothing on it and put it away. I'm going to buff the lanyard hole on the scales tonight and I will put it back in it's sheath and see what happens.

Mine has some spots on it that look like tree blood. Maybe I didn't get her all the way clean.

Back