Lightest, cheapest, thinnest Roll mat

I'm doing a competition that will require me to take and use a roll mat, though none of my team is bothered about using one - so I need to find the cheapest, lightest and probably most useless roll mat out there. Any ideas?
Looking for it to probably be 3mm thick and weigh under 100g.

Also any ideas on how to get a lighter bag would be appreciated!

What is the purpose of it? What sort of competition?
If you need a sheet of something to throw on the ground for dust signature suppression or something for a shooting comp, then get a piece of tyvek or something similar. You might have to get your tyvek muddy or paint it camo if it needs to be visually subtle. You can roll up a 10x10 piece of that to fit in a cargo pocket if you needed. Light and stuffable. Otherwise you might consider a cheap thin yoga mat, trimmed to minimum for the job. I've seen some as thin as mouse pads before, so they would be lighter than a sleeping pad.

Okay cool thanks! Its like a hiking competition, you run or walk at speed as far as you can go. There's way more to it than that but essentially I'm packing less so I have to carry less in my rucksack.

I'm doing a competition that will require me to take and use a roll mat, though none of my team is bothered about using one - so I need to find the cheapest, lightest and probably most useless roll mat out there. Any ideas?
Looking for it to probably be 3mm thick and weigh under 100g.

Also any ideas on how to get a lighter bag would be appreciated!

Underlayment for laminate floor. 2mm thick, waterproof, light, easily cut to size. You can get 200 sq ft. At your local big box department or home improvement store for ~$20.

Google 2mm laminate underlayment.

Yeah, I've known people use laminate floor underlay here.

I know where I'd buy EVA in the UK but not in the US. Still would be a bit about 100% heavier than you are hoping for at the limit of what I'd want to get backed up to.

As a gist I'm pulling these numbers from a US site selling 3mm EVA tent underlay. 3cm*100cm*200cm @ 510-566g. I'd trim to 3*50*180 at the most for my taste given I want to lay on it not sit waiting help. A pathetic bit 3*50*100 still wouldn't get me down to your weight.

Yeah, I've known people use laminate floor underlay here.

I know where I'd buy EVA in the UK but not in the US. Still would be a bit about 100% heavier than you are hoping for at the limit of what I'd want to get backed up to.

As a gist I'm pulling these numbers from a US site selling 3mm EVA tent underlay. 3cm*100cm*200cm @ 510-566g. I'd trim to 3*50*180 at the most for my taste given I want to lay on it not sit waiting help. A pathetic bit 3*50*100 still wouldn't get me down to your weight.
A standard foam roll mat weighs between 150 and 200g... So I'm assuming I misenterpreted your message xD

The cheapest lightest mat out there will indeed do nothing through the night. Might as well pad yourself with PolyCro. :D

A standard foam roll mat weighs between 150 and 200g... So I'm assuming I misenterpreted your message xD

No misinterpretation amigo.

Here I'd go straight for this - https://www.needlesports.com/3463/p...nt-underlay-15m-wide-by-per-metre-length.aspx

I assumed you were in the US so I went with these numbers - https://www.40below.com/products_detail.php?ProductID=10

If I rounded beneath their lower estimate to 500g for a bit near as damn it 100cm wide and 200cm and cut it in half on both dimensions that's still over 100g for a bit that at 1m long I feel would be too short to be really useful to sleep on.

The Thermarest Z-lite is way way lighter than a yoga mat. It does give some insulation/reflective heat results. Folds up accordion style.

Back