1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Lightest full size multi tool?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Harry Callahan, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    The Wingman is a nice entry level Weekend Warrior tool. I like mine. I got one for Christmas a few years ago, and the package opener made quick work of the clamshell packaging my daughter's toys came in.

If you like the WM, check out the Rebar as a more dedicated work tool. It doesn't have the one hand opening but it's a bit more robust. I think most people would top out at the Rebar in terms of hard use:value. For about $55 you get a lot of tool. Even though I carry one of the larger tools often, they are rather niche.

David Nowlin likes this.
  2. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Yes so far its a nice choice. Used it a few times, mainly the knife blade. Took it on our trip and never need to take it out, DANG!
    The nylon pouch is irritating as it rubs my small love handle but all in all i like having it.
    Will give it the pocket clip carry test tonight.

3. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    IMO, the Sog Paratool is one of the lightest, most compact "full size" multitools I've owned. However, it's not my favorite to use, but I sometimes toss it in my travel bag.

For most MT needs, I use a LM Juice S2 (even though I have a Vic Spirit, LM Charge, Skeletool, etc.). My favorite full size MT so far is the Swisstool Spirit (specifically if I need larger pliers than on my Juice). If you don't need pliers (or can get away with Squirt size pliers on a keyring) and if you're not doing prolonged work with the screwdrivers, the Vic OHT makes a decent dedicated knife with emergency tools. However, the blade often has a little vertical play and the "lock" works backwards.

4. 64Chevy

64Chevy

May 6, 2019
    Since I always carry a knife, any suggestion for a light multitool that forgoes the blade(s)? I suspect no tool does.

5. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    Knifeless LM Rebar?
    [​IMG]
    Here's a few more on Leatherman's website: https://www.leatherman.com/knifeless

6. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    SOG is more customizable than the others, so if you want to forego a blade, but want lots of tools and big pliers then its an option. For me though, I think the rebar pliers are about the same (gearing means the SOG is not as wide as it would be, cost/benefit) But I think the replaceable cutters in the Rebar make it a better choice for most. Though I will say my SOG with a Robbie #2 was killer when I was working stage in Canada. Replaceable blades also made taking some to the grinder to customize them a little more palatable.

7. 64Chevy

64Chevy

May 6, 2019
    Great tips--thank you.