Lighting on your grinders?

I use dual moffatt gooseneck lamps with 100w led daylight bulbs... Works amazingly

Slightly off topic, but in todays local newspaper ( yes, I read the hard copy), there was an article that the $23,000,000 LED street lighting improvement program for Norfolk was on hold. Seems there were people who didn't want the brighter and bluer daylight lamps, and they came up with an obscure article that says exposure to that type light may cause sleep disorder, cancer, obesity, cardiovascular problems, diabetes, etc.. These were not scientific studies based on real facts, and the experts showed other real studies that concluded these same claims were wrong when made about laptop screens, LED flat screen TVs, and cell phones ...... but the City Fathers have put the plan on hold until further studies are done. Don't want the hoodlums who shoot each other every night getting cancer ... or the ones breaking into stores to be well lit.
The new lights would have paid for themselves in about 25 years.

Slightly off topic, but in todays local newspaper ( yes, I read the hard copy), there was an article that the $23,000,000 LED street lighting improvement program for Norfolk was on hold. Seems there were people who didn't want the brighter and bluer daylight lamps, and they came up with an obscure article that says exposure to that type light may cause sleep disorder, cancer, obesity, cardiovascular problems, diabetes, etc.. These were not scientific studies based on real facts, and the experts showed other real studies that concluded these same claims were wrong when made about laptop screens, LED flat screen TVs, and cell phones ...... but the City Fathers have put the plan on hold until further studies are done. Don't want the hoodlums who shoot each other every night getting cancer ... or the ones breaking into stores to be well lit.
The new lights would have paid for themselves in about 25 years.
I imagine if you had one shining in your window it might be difficult to sleep. But that's kind of to be expected regardless of light type.

Back