1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liner Lock with Redwood Burl

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Durban Devil, Dec 8, 2018 at 6:20 AM.

1. Durban Devil

Durban Devil Hunter Handmade Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 13, 2012
    I haven't posted anything in awhile, so I thought I'd share a folder that I just completed. This knife is going to my brother-in-law as a Christmas from my sister. In general I like how the knife turned out overall. I had some difficulty with the redwood burl chipping out for some reason and ended up with a small gap between the bolster and wood on one side. The gap torques me more than the chipping. Here are the specifics on the knife and as always comments and critiques are welcomed. The overall length of the knife when opened is approximately 8 3/4", closed is approximately 5", with a cutting edge is 3 1/2". Alabama buckshot damascus for the blade and their random pattern for the bolsters. I added file work to the blade and liners.

IMG_2216 (Edited).JPG IMG_2217 (Edited).JPG IMG_2218 (Edited).JPG IMG_2219 (Edited).JPG IMG_2221.JPG IMG_2222 (Edited).JPG

2. herdbull

herdbull Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Beautiful knife, your Brother in Law will love this!!!

Durban Devil likes this.
  3. Durban Devil

May 13, 2012
    Thank you! I hope he does.

4. mr2blue

mr2blue Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2008
    WOW........STUNNING

Durban Devil likes this.
  5. Durban Devil

May 13, 2012
    Thank you

6. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    nice job ! :thumbsup:

Durban Devil likes this.
  7. Grouser1741

Grouser1741

Apr 17, 2018
    You did good sir he'll love that.

Durban Devil likes this.
  8. Durban Devil

May 13, 2012
    Thank you guys!