Lion Steel Spear vs Shuffler: ready, fight!

Which Lion Steel Traditional would you choose?

• Spear (Roundhead)

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Shuffler (Clip point)

Votes: 44 68.8%

• Total voters
Roundhead and ram for the win!
Agreed!!
7cxvgvA.jpg

I have never pre-ordered from CK; does anyone know if they have an area where you can request specific scale styles (e.g. darker coloration, etc.)?

I have never pre-ordered from CK; does anyone know if they have an area where you can request specific scale styles (e.g. darker coloration, etc.)?

There's a notes field in the actual order field when the early reserve is filled. Mike says put any preferences in there.

I guess I am curious to see how much the the updated spear point is improved as it will be thinner behind the edge and an improved sharpening choil. What do you guys anticipate?

I just put in my reserve for 2 shufflers since. Already have 2 roundheads. The white carbon fiber has me really curious, so I reserved that and a natural micarta. These lionsteel slippys are awesome. The roundhead has kicked my bearlake out of the pocket slip.

I guess I am curious to see how much the the updated spear point is improved as it will be thinner behind the edge and an improved sharpening choil. What do you guys anticipate?
The reserve page for the shuffler states:
"Following up on the success of the Roundhead, we are producing a clip bladed version (Shuffler). Couple small modifications will be a slightly enlarged sharpening choil and a little thinner blade behind the edge. Still M390 steel and Ti liners/bolsters."

The reserve page for the shuffler states:
"Following up on the success of the Roundhead, we are producing a clip bladed version (Shuffler). Couple small modifications will be a slightly enlarged sharpening choil and a little thinner blade behind the edge. Still M390 steel and Ti liners/bolsters."
I think you misinterpreted my post. I am referring to the updated spear point Roundhead. I am aware of the shuffler and have them on reserve as well as the updated spearhead. The reserve page has those comments for the updated sharpening choil and thinness behind the edge of the new Roundhead. I was curious to see if it will be a significant update from the original spearpoint which I currently own.

I reserved a carbon fiber shuffler. Spear isn’t my favorite blade shape. But the clip point looks nice.

I'm so glad they're coming out with the clip version. I have the CF Roundhead and love it. It's about all I carry. My friend and I skinned a deer this year, and when we were done, I could still shave hair with it. Spear point isn't my favorite, lacking a pointy point. I re-worked mine to a little narrower point and like the improvement. With all the beautiful Ram's Horn shown, I couldn't resist, got one on preorder. Can't wait. The Roundhead is so well made, my favorite knife (till the Shuffler gets here).

I have both reserved. I like how a spear point looks, but I like how the fine tip of a clip works.

Can't say one or the other yet, but anxiously awaiting both

I’m excited for the Shuffler— love clip points. I went for the ram’s horn on this one.

Back