Lionsteel BestMan Slipjoint

I actually kind of like the offset screws on the bolsters. It sort of highlights which side the blade is on and gives it a little character as opposed to just straight across linear. Everyone has their own preference of course though.

I actually kind of like the offset screws on the bolsters. It sort of highlights which side the blade is on and gives it a little character as opposed to just straight across linear. Everyone has their own preference of course though.

I agree with you my friend. I like the look of the offset pivot screw. Gives it a different look, and it is still adjustable if needs be. Although kind of a traditional knife from a distance, once you hold it, it’s clear it’s not your granddads cigar jack. :)

Forum member G2 did add a couple of smallish nail nicks for me further out on the blade to improve opening leverage, which the certainly do quite nicely. Still, the blade pull is just right. The straight pull gives the blades a good look to but as the are on both sides of the blade, been kinda neat if they’d of went all the way thru with the straight pulls, like the Scagel knives were.

The offset pivots allow more surface area where the blade opens to rest on the spine. So, there is a mechanical purpose for this design. What’s amazing to me is the value to price range. An outstanding M390 blade, Ti and Linen Micarta handle which can be disassembled by the owner. The quality of manufacture is as good as it gets.

Back