LionSteel Fixed Blade tactical/survival for Blackwater, DPx Gear, others?

RamZar

Gold Member
Other than Blackwater and DPx Gear does LionSteel make tactical/survival fixed blade knives for any other outfits?

These knives from both outfits offer a lot of practical and similar features. Tough making a choice. The Blackwater ones are tougher to get right now.

Thanks. Love the craftsmanship and quality of your blades. New fan!

So, are these pretty much what's currently available for the LionSteel manufactured tactical/survival fixed blade knives with black blades and handle (I'm excluding the satin blade outdoors knives)?

BLACKWATER GRIZZLY 6″ SERE KNIFE
DCP_0032_web.jpg

BLACKWATER URSA 6″ COMBATIVES KNIFE
DCP_0036_web.jpg

DPx HEFT 4 Assault
DCP_0062-2-WM600.jpg

DPx Gear HEFT 6”
HEFT6-1.gif

Pohl Force Euro Ops Division (EOD) Kilo One Survival
pf_kos_003.jpg

Yes... They are.

Great. Thanks.

I was able to track down a BLACKWATER URSA 6″ COMBATIVES KNIFE for a good price, ordered it and it should arrive before the weekend. Love the added utility features of this knife.

Also, found out the DPx Gear HEFT 6” does come in partial serration version so I got one of those as well for a great price.

Will post photos of them beside my Benchmade 156SBT which is also all black with partial serrations, 6" D2 blade (59-61 HRC), multi-feature soft sheath and tactile soft surfaced handle grip pattern.

Last edited:
Gianni, I believe Lionsteel made all the nexus and mckf knives.
Was this also the case for the Nexus Tito and the mckf folder?
Now Fox is using these designs, are these versions made by Fox or does Lionsteel still make them.
Just wondering.

LionSteel made all MCKF fix blades, same things for all Nexus knives.
Tito, mckf folder plus other two from the same family are still made by us but sell by Fox.

Got my two new fixed blade tactical/survival knives made by LionSteel:

Blackwater URSA 6″ and DPx Gear HEFT 6”.

C5F17C96-5D0F-4F2E-8BB4-E66CBA260EB4-796-000000B587B93BD5_zps053fbfe4.jpg

Left to right: Benchmade 156SBT, DPx Gear HEFT and Blackwater URSA.

All have a 6" black blade with partial serration and the steel materials are D2, Sleipner and Niolox respectively. My Benchmade one is about 6 years old.

9ffe90cd-3924-431c-824a-70659a198c42_zps3c45f868.jpg

Ordered a new fixed blade knife made by LionSteel: Blackwater SPECWAR 4 with a 4" ELMAX blade. It had some design input from U.S. Navy SEALs and has the Trident medallion on the frame.

specwarsealogo.jpeg

specwaryellw.jpeg

specwarmster.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my new Blackwater Specwar 4 today. Order was fulfilled by DPx Gear in San Diego.

7ca39c7c-5c2a-4435-adbe-95089d3c794c_zps82ccf3fe.jpg

New user, just registered minutes ago... was trolling the 'net, looking for information - since I have a Blackwater Ursa sitting in the box, on my desk at home (I travel for work). Time to learn how to maintain it better than the silly nonsense I learned from my dad, which I've since recognized to be utter bulls...t.

This place is a trove, however, the hard part is sifting to find what's important to read NOW, instead of study at length later...

I think they do or did work with knife research on the legion model. Wish I had picked one up. Can't find one these days

Gianni, what type of D2 do you use? Is it normal ingot or is it particle D2 from Bohler or Crucible?

I'm not sure if Bohler makes particle based D2.

Back