Lionsteel - SR 2

I just got my orange/satin aluminum sr2. I really dig it. It is a bit tight but smooth. It is about the same size as a persistence but much more comfortable in hand. It is extremely solid feeling. No play anywhere.

Here's my new SR2 Aluminum All-Black next to my SR1 Aluminum All-Black. Both have the glass breaker clip screw.

5bb53818-126f-49fd-85ef-2129303fdb0c_zpse1d62344.jpg

ac78f138-4640-4244-8441-3f0fe547f97e_zpsf0fe6dde.jpg

How is it? Looking to get an aluminum version SR2. Hmm ti really needed? Great price on aluminum. And steel choice!

So I've played with my SR2 quite a bit and it hadn't loosed up any. Took it apart yesterday, cleaned out the grease and put some lube in there. It was a beast to get back together, but it's smoother now. Anyone else?

I've got one on the way! Hmm

Can't go wrong on the aluminum since it's half the price of the titanium with the same Sleipner steel blade!

Titanium is grippier, better balanced and less prone to temperature extremes.

So I've played with my SR2 quite a bit and it hadn't loosed up any. Took it apart yesterday, cleaned out the grease and put some lube in there. It was a beast to get back together, but it's smoother now. Anyone else?

Both of my SR2 folders have been smooth but getting smoother with open/close cycles. The closing is easiest by pressing your thumb forward and then out. The pivot screw helps a lot for tightness and blade centering since you can adjust in/out on either/both sides.

So far I'm loving it. Solid, compact, smooth. Need to clean pivot area. A little gritty when closing. A satisfying opening click and detent close. Convex is great. Needed stropping. A small stout folder fixed blade hybrid. Roto lock is great. Nice minimalistic clip. Feels great in hand. It's a win. Thanks for looking. Great folder Gianni/Molletta! Thanks.
C57631FA-3DAE-41C5-9C0B-708E0CC75ABB-3205-000001C772F8EBE7_zps740be3e6.jpg

Could folks tell me how this cuts? Is it a slicey edc or...how to say it?? More of a thicker, hard use knife that doesn't manage fruits/veggies as well?

Last edited:
Could folks tell me how this cuts? Is it a slicey ddc or...how to say it?? More of a thicker, hard use knife that doesn't manage fruits/veggies as well?

The SR2 manages both tasks nicely.

Whew.... Ever since I got my first SR-1, I have been wanting a 3" version and ***PATIENTLY*** waiting for Gianni to get the knives to any US retailer. I FINALLY got it on Friday and have been playing with it all weekend.

Marvelous size and great utility blade shape. I did notice that the edges on the spine and thumb-studs were really sharp, so I did a little work on them with one of my many sharpening stones and all is good now. I selected orange as it kind-of lends itself an excuse of "safety orange" if anyone starts yelping about me carrying a knife. Added Camo-Blue 550 paracord lanyard and gave it a Denver Broncos theme.

Thanks Gianni for getting this lovely little knife to us SR-1 lovers. I will eventually be getting a Blue-Violet Ti model... And probably have to put an orange paracord lanyard on it and that will match the Broncos away uniform.

Cheers all you lucky folks who got one of these.

photo-21.jpg

Why the SR2 has not the small metal plate included to install the glasbreaker without the clip?

Wow! I'm digging that SR2. Held off on the SR1 b/c I have enough big folders. Can't find one local so hope not stepping on any toes being a LionSteel sub-forum, but could someone that has a SR2 post a pic next to a mini-grip for size comparison (even a small Sebenza or 707 would work).

Wow! I'm digging that SR2. Held off on the SR1 b/c I have enough big folders. Can't find one local so hope not stepping on any toes being a LionSteel sub-forum, but could someone that has a SR2 post a pic next to a mini-grip for size comparison (even a small Sebenza or 707 would work).

I have this one with The kershaw Skyline

IfwrMYIohxibP-8-x1GkNzkJNcVwPWQpOitQIcYgEN8

Here's the LionSteel SR-2 Ti next to the CRK Small Sebenza.

51b99425-0f9f-40f7-bd93-6a54e5385fde_zpse0074029.jpg

Thanks RamZar!! Gerrr.. I knew I should have stayed off these forums longer.

Although the length is about the same as many other 3" blade folders, the overall size is quite a bit larger. The height of the handle and blade makes the SR2 pretty big. While I still carry the SR2 as an edc, I don't consider it a small folder.

Does anyone have a size comparison with a TiSpine?

Although the length is about the same as many other 3" blade folders, the overall size is quite a bit larger. The height of the handle and blade makes the SR2 pretty big. While I still carry the SR2 as an edc, I don't consider it a small folder.

Does anyone have a size comparison with a TiSpine?

Post# 11 of this same thread and included below:

My SR2 Mini Titanium came in today! Love it!

Here are pictures next to my SR1 Ti and TiSpine Ti all in matte gray! All have the glass breaker clip screw.

3a17cba9-fcd5-4faf-86d4-64da9d1c2039_zps67f5a4f2.jpg

c2ba3494-7110-4e14-b41e-fcf102698d48_zpse1b4f674.jpg

Back