1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

little quiet time today

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Just wanted to get an hour or so of quiet time in the woods behind our property. Got to play with two of my most beloved blade tools. First is beautiful forged piece by my buddy from @crex, that was gifted to me by a good friend of mine @Luca917. Second is my most used knife, the Bush Hermit by @Fiddleback.

If you haven't tried out a Bush Hermit, you're truly missing out on the best blade/handle design that Andy has came up with.

Worked on a better way of making a gig. This has worked for me in full size. Sharpen a small twig with a gradual taper and force it into your split with the back of your knife. Then wrap with dental floss (which I forgot at the house). This way is easier and helps keeps the spread more centered than the traditional double wedge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blue333

blue333 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2016
    A little solo R&R is good for recharging the batteries. Doing so with a couple of great knives, adds to the reserves :thumbsup:.

B Griffin, VANCE and Bmurray like this.
  3. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Nice! I'm looking forward to cooler weather and some time by a fire soon

Bmurray likes this.
  4. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    heck yea. I love to hang my hammock back in the wood during hoddie/fleece weather. Then there's no skiters buzzing around. Especially since the found west nile skiters right here in our county.