Little Something Different

Hey All,
Been busy in the leather cave, picked up a sweet 1959 Ruger blackhawk 44 mag at work the other day, its hard working in a gun store man!!! So of course right away I was thinking what could I make to carry it in. I wanted to make a cowboy style rig for it, so I decided on a mexican style single loop holster. Never made one before so I was excited to give it a whirl. I made a few mistakes but overall it came out pretty good. I did a basketweave on the main section and border stamp, this is only my second attempt at basketwaeve so I was happy it came out ok. My next one will be made alittle different but had to start somewhere right.
Here are a few pics, have not added my retention loop and leg tie down yet but the holes are there. Hope ya like it.
s9DPC5n.jpg

Qv0jUNv.jpg

0mp1bXV.jpg

Here is an obligatory HI pic. A Hasiya rig I did a few years ago
TExCDwt.jpg

Ko5OgD4.jpg

That turned out awesome pard. I do love the SA Rugers and you done a great job!
Sweet rig for that Hasiya too. Beautiful things.

Wow! Great job Pugs! Thats awesome mix of stamping and contrasts. Thats a fine pistol to. I shot one a while back. My friend loaded it for me and put a different load in the last chamber and when I got to the last shot it just about kicked my butt. Dont know what kind of load it was but it was twice as loud and kicked hard and spat fire. Maybe it was magnum? Heck if I know but sure was fun!

Pugs, that is one heck of a holster. You are one talented feller.

Bawanna, you should have Pugs make you a holster for that there Pinocchio you got. There are many things of beauty in this thread. Including that hasiya.

I see you got the snubby version.....
Pugs, that is one heck of a holster. You are one talented feller.

Bawanna, you should have Pugs make you a holster for that there Pinocchio you got. There are many things of beauty in this thread. Including that hasiya.

Lol story of my life brother, and that little cowgirl is precious.

Eric,
Thanks man was fun to make.

I told her to show me her mean face. Still cute. We're off to the bull rides tonight.
Her and her little brother and the gang.

That’s super sweet pugs! Love it man as I’m a big fan of the 44 Blackhawk!
But, if you can come up with a rig that will support that Zastava M92 pap...I’m in brother!
Here’s a video that might inspire you!

Very attractive craftsmanship, Pugs. Really like that grass chopper sheath. Might need to have you do one for me. Mine is simply stuck into the garage wall awaiting it's next foray into the garden and her blade's getting a mite spotty.

Back