little tiny knives

Hey everyone,
I have been talking to local people about knives a lot (I know I should be careful, they might have a reason for their knives) and the other day, I noticed a little tiny knife on this guy's key chain. It couldn't have been more than an inch long closed. When I asked him about it, he said he got it as a present a while ago and showed me another one. One was a little tiny switchblade and the other was a balisong. I was amaised that the balisong moved correctly. Have any of you seen other really small knives like these or know where to get them? I think they are pretty funny because you can pull them out and people will not have the "He's got a knife!" reaction, it will be more like, "What is that little thingee?"...

-mike

Miniature knives are actually a collectible niche' unto themselves.

At the recent Oregon Knife Collector's Show, I saw one vendor displaying the most elabortate miniatures you can imagine. There was a bowie that was only maybe an inch and a half long that was done pefectly to scale. The ivory handles had been scrimshawed. With the aide of a microscope, you could see how intricate this real, hand-done scrimshaw was. Even the maker's mark on the blade was in perfect detail and to perfect scale.

For me, these tiny knives are only a curiosity, but there makers who make only these and there are people who collect them and pay big bucks for especially nice ones.

Maybe, you've found your niche'.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Gollnick (edited 20 April 1999).]

<a href="http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000353.html">Check out these miniatures.</a>

I love miniatures to. Jot Khalsa makes some into necklaces which I have a few of as well. See him at the Blade Show if you go and try this link as well.

<a href="http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&kl=XX&q=%22miniature+knives%22">Click Here</a>
You will find 69 sites for mini knives.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I've seen some tiny keychain Balisongs in a catalog sent to me by Bruce at Bullman Cutlery (www.bullmancutlery.com). Unfortunately he is getting married so hid website isn't accepting orders for a while...
Steve

Back