Local wildlife?

IMG_6002.JPG I didn't find anything like this in this sub forum. John I hope this is ok. If not please delete. I would like to see some pics of local wildlife in your area I know with all the guys here there should be a lot. So let's see some. Alive or hunted. I'll start this is a western diamondback that me and my son found on the farm. I had step over it before I knew it was there. I got lucky I didn't get bit. But I was dancing me a jig and speaking in tongues.

When I'm in my shop early in the morning, looking out the window I've seen deer, coyote, and fox, besides the usual rabbits and squirrels.

:p

I will try to get some pictures in this thread as I have a few hundred to choose from. I just need to get my computer hooked up! I moved two months ago and only have one of my three computers running...

Central Louisiana, they put off a ammonia like musk when threatened, similar to a rattle.
They generally won't give chase but they certainly won't back down an inch from a bulldozer. This one was killed on our rice farm.

Nothing compares to sitting in the woods listening to a nice tom approach. Being able to share it with your son is priceless.
I agree. He tells me all the time daddy we're best friends. I really hope he remembers that when he's a teenager.

I agree. He tells me all the time daddy we're best friends. I really hope he remembers that when he's a teenager.
If you continue the course you're on it will stay that way, I know. My son is 25 and we talk on the phone every day. He calls when he gets to work most mornings and when he gets up on the weekends. His mother and I split up when he was just a few years old and I can count the days we haven't talked on my fingers. That includes 2 weeks on vacation with his mother most years and 5 years of college. Almost as good is the way several of his college friends treat me. When they get together I'm always invited.....sometimes I'm smart enough to use good sense and show my age by telling them I can't make it.

Back