Lock-bar Over extension?

MEJ

Gold Member
How much over-extension of the lockbar does it take to reduce tension? I have accidentally pushed it a bit farther than necessary ( a couple times), i dont want to grind the lock-bar on the blade nor do i want to push it to far. Now im going crazy trying to do it perfectly every time i close it!

Man...I'd just relax and enjoy the knife. Press the lockbar far enough to close the blade. Don't let worrying about messing stuff up ruin the enjoyment of using your sebbie.

Man...I'd just relax and enjoy the knife. Press the lockbar far enough to close the blade. Don't let worrying about messing stuff up ruin the enjoyment of using your sebbie.

I agree! Don't worry about it. It's a great all around knife and tougher then it gets credit for. Don't sweat it bub :thumbup:

I WISH I had your problem. My Sebbies are easy to close; my Zaan is impossible for me close one-handed. Heck, I enjoy it anyway. Maybe I'll grow some muscles next year.
sonny

Alright i must be really OCD when it comes to knives.

ive actually noticed that on my zaan with the disk, i have to really try to get it far enough to touch the disk, dunno if it means anything just an observation.

The lock bar is a spring and can travel in both directions safely, I doubt you could ruin it with out actually trying unless you're Sloth from the Goonies or something. You would need to bend it quite far out of shape to change the tension and that is hard to do accidently.

Back