Lock stick on my Tolk

I need some direction on lockstick on my Tolk. I just got it back from Brad Southard last week. He did a great job on fixing the detent and he even rebladed it because he didn't like the late lockup. My problem is now it has lockstick you can't believe. I have to slip a straight edge screw driver into the handle and pop it loose. Any thoughts??

Yeah I thought of that but I don't want to turn it loose for another 6 weeks. I'm hoping maybe it's just breaking in.

Do you have it even if you wipe the lock contact areas? Sometimes oil there causes lock stick on some knives.

Yes. I cleaned the lockup points today. It's a little better but it's actually the worst case I've ever had to deal with. Weird!

Try putting Sharpie to the blade tang. If this doesn't work, I guess you have to send it back to Brad.

I had lock stick on several new Sebenza knives,,, used the CRK grease on the locking surfaces and it went away.

Regards,
FK

Thanks FK! I'll try that. I can't believe my $500 knife is not as smooth as my $50 Rat 1. Blows my mind especially since I just got it back from spa service.

I had one that one side of the blade was ground a lot more than the other. I sent him a email asking him about it and never heard anything back. Must be busy.

Yeah Razor he's not into answering emails.
I don't know. I know guys that are extremely busy but still answer emails. Brad did a great job fixing the detent but he might have gotten in a hurry on the reblade. Can't even sell it with the lockstick this bad. Guess it goes in the drawer...

The stick is probably because of the new blade. Let it break in. Try a sharpy marker on the blade tang and work the lock.

You could try lowering the lockbar tension too, but yeah I would sharpie the lock face until it breaks in.

Back