Lock stick

Emerson has it now .....waiting for its return.
In the meantime time , I bought a sheepdog bowie and love it totally.......... awsum knife and my new EDC.

Oh, another trick I've found that works well is to apply pressure against the blade, by either pulling the spine further "open" or doing like a cutting action into something that won't be damaged, like a piece of wood or phone book.

If you do this while simultaneously pressing the liner, it relieves some of the force. I've used this plenty on all kinds of knives, specially after some really heavy cutting that forces that spring in there tight!

Hope that explanation made sense. Basically, you force the blade open further to relieve some of the pressure so it unlocks easier. This should negate your problem while it breaks in.

Once the surfaces wear in and kind of "work harden," things will get better.

Til then, I wouldn't expect EKI to consider that a defect. Just think how often they must hear this complaint and roll their eyes, even if one out of every few hundred is actually out of spec!

All mine had lock stick but it works itself out with repeated opening and closing.

The one I sent in to service with a 15.00 return postage was classified as faulty and my postage was refunded , thanks emerson
It came back with the normal lock stick but has since worked it self out ...........
Not everyone crys wolf for no reason ......... just saying.

Amen. It's funny, I am actually a fan of a lil' lockstick. I like it. I just haven't brought myself to start a "Hey, guys, how do I add lockstick to my knife?!" thread. :D

Lockstick.
Is.
A.
Deliberate.
Part.
Of.
The.
Original.
Titanium.
Linerlock.
Design.

Better stick than slip ive had both from emerson. I identify with the op however its kind of a downer having to put 100 pounds of pressure on the liner of your new 200 dollar treasure then have it snap back out against the g10 at 100 miles per hour. I think some people feel their gonna bend the liner out of place weakening future lockup after break in.

Back