% lock up?

It happens. It happened to one of mine. It can be easily repaired, and CRK did so for no charge. :thumbup: The reason you don't hear many reports with Sebenzas is that very few really get used for more than opening the mail. :eek:

Probably true, but I'd suggest that (on average) most CRKs do get opened and closed about a bilion times a day, and studied under a magnifying glass...so I would expect to hear about more:D

I don't get too excited over it. If mine ever get there, I trust CRK will help me out.

Lock up on my 21 is real late. Its very hard to disengage with thumb alone and drags quite a lot. Will be sending in to CRK Spa hoping they will add a larger stop pin. Its just no fun carrying this knife anymore and thats a drag as the action is prob the best I own.

After you send it in I would follow up with a call to make sure they are going to adjust the lockup. In the past I have sent in knives with just a written ask for it only to get them back the same. CRK doesn't seem to dislike late lockups. I think they will take care of you if you explain and pressure just a little, but it is a bit of a costly trip to get it back just cleaned and sharpened when you really wanted adjusted.
Just a thought

It would be so much easier to have a lobe shaped stop pin. Or a hexagonal shaped one as BenchMade does. My biggest complaint about my CRKs is lockup depends on how hard it is opened.

The lock up on a benchmade MPR is built smart with the over travel cut out. I will post a pic later. A lot of knives have the carbide on the lock up to prevent this wear. Not sure if CRK does the same.

My small Insingo after over four years of use.

Pretty much right at 75%. Not worried about it.

Back