Locking mechanisms

Hi, new guy here. I've only recently been introduced to the world of custom knives, but there is ONE thing that I know I dislike in a knife: a liner lock. So, my question is simple: if I were to send you a knife, would there be a way you could change the existing liner lock to something that doesn't require me to put my fingers in line with the business end of the blade when I have to close it? An arc-lock would be preferred, but almost anything would be fine. Also, could you give me a rough estimate as to the cost of making such a modification?

Thanks.

It would be cheaper, easier and quicker to just buy a knife with the preferred lock.

It would be cheaper, easier and quicker to just buy a knife with the preferred lock.

I realize this, of course. However, I'm still interested in the possibility of doing it this way. It's important to me that I know all my options, so I'd appreciate it if everyone would just play along and humor me.

In most cases the frame of the knife would have to be completely rebuilt to accomodate a different closing mechanism then the blade would have to be remade to suit the new frame.

In other words extremely expensive and less than desirable end result. I would not take on this type of job, Just not worth the time it would take.

I would suggest you simply purchase a knife with the type of lock you prefer.

George

Firstly which knife are you talking about.

Secondly the cost would probably be around a minimum $225 and up . That's just a guesstimate.

There are way to many variables out there in order to answer your question exactly. Contact the below if you really want an exact estimate

STR
Yester
SOT
Ferrk
Mr. H

all are great pimpers, but changing the locking system never comes cheap.

Back