• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Lon Humphrey W2 and Ironwood Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this a little bit ago, unfortunately I am going to have to sell it as I cannot legally or at least without hassle carry this knife in my city, nor camping grounds/hiking around my city.
I understand too a few months back a terrible crime happened concerning a knife being used as a deadly weapon, quite sad. (A few more before that).

Anyways I'd rather avoid ANY problems with the law, I have a clean record and I plan to keep it that way. If I can't use a knife I don't keep it.

Lon Humphrey "W2 and ironwood" knife
Steel: W2
Hand rubbed 1000 grit
Clay tempered with a mostly midare hamon (looks so much nicer in person)
Desert Ironwood handle- VERY nice handle shape. Super comfortable.
Non-integral Steel Guard, and brass decoration. No visible seams between guard/knife, it has a superb fit no gaps.
Comes with a R Jones Leather "pouch" sheath. Vertical carry It's a hell of a nice sheath.

Dimensions:
Blade length incluidng Riccaso: 6"~
Ricasso=.43"
Thickness: .218"
Guard length (longest): 1.71"
Guard to end of handle: 5.5"

Lon Humphrey told me that he would have kept it for his JS test were it closer to blade. (I am guessing size).

101.jpg

096.jpg

106.jpg

20120108_095357.jpg

Payment:
Trade Completed Please close

Disclosure of knife condition
The sheath:
(Was stabbed through slightly :eek: darn leather was too soft, some switching from the bottom is missing the rest seems to be holding up fine. The hole has been patched up, and the sheaths original glue was weak at the mouth of the pouch which has been fixed. Be careful the knife CAN go through the sheath if you push it in hard as with most leather sheaths.

Knife: Has a few scratches near the tip on one side from cutting cardboard. Other than that no visible flaws.

My opinion of the knife:
- SUPERBLY balanced. It's balance is about 1mm~ from the normal resting place of the finger closet to the guard. I have had approximately 8 knives ranging from customs to production, none have had this type of balance.
- Blade is thick, and meant for use, Lon doesn't make safe queens he makes beautiful hard use knives. :cool:
- Blade has a great ergonomic handle for just about any use.
Honestly for the price I paid, I am amazed at the quality. I am tempted to putting it up for display but at the same time that goes against my philosophy: if you can't use it, don't own it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back