Lonely guys from Reno

I'd guess about 4.5" for handle length, based on overall length of 18". Big enough for me, but not for everybody. It's hard to judge length in these kinds of pictures because some knives are a little closer to the camera than others. Number 3 looks to me significantly longer than the others, but they're all listed as 18". However, number 3 is definitely closer to the camera.

In the first photo 3 looks significantly longer, in the second, not so much. Pictures can be deceiving.

In the first photo 3 looks significantly longer, in the second, not so much. Pictures can be deceiving.
Yeah, I think that over time by buying and using kukris you kind of sort that out for yourself and learn what fits you. Like anything else, experience pays.

Lonely Guy #2 arrived yesterday. Its even more beautiful than the pictures show. The slightly curved 4 1/2" handle is shorter and fatter than any of my other HI khuks but it exactly fits my hand. The slight curveture of the handle feels like it locks into in my grip much more securely than the straight handles. And the rounded or "dehorned" large buttplate is much more comfortable than the usual sharp-pointed buttplate. The long sweet spot of the 1/4" thick blade nicely passes Uncle Bill's hardness test (using a file on the edge). All in all I am very pleased with my first Yek Chirra and my first Thamar. Thank you, Auntie and Bawanna for making this beauty available.

Sweet, I'm a huge Thamar fan. I just this minute opened a triangle box that I wasn't expecting. Was concerned. gyr got # 2, Ndog was supposed to get # 1, yet I found a Thamar in the box????
I think this must be a third one that Yangdu just sent me out of the kindness of her heart which she does all the time.

Sweet, I'm a huge Thamar fan. I just this minute opened a triangle box that I wasn't expecting. Was concerned. gyr got # 2, Ndog was supposed to get # 1, yet I found a Thamar in the box????
I think this must be a third one that Yangdu just sent me out of the kindness of her heart which she does all the time.
I received the Sirupati from this post. I thought it was a lonely knife with no sheath. She must have found a sheath that fit. It came with a perfect fitting sheath?!?! I was/am ecstatic. You know I can't stand a naked knife. It's just not right. That saved me a ton of time and effort on a sheath project. She really is the best of the best!

Here is the link to a little review. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/21-sirupati-by-ram-kumar-first-impression-review.1736479/

Last edited:
Well I feel better now since you got one Bawanna. I didnt mean to take the last one away from you. Glad you got one tho. Guess i better go check the mail! Its been raining every day lately but we sure need it. Whatever I get 1 or 2 is fine with me. From the pics I thought #3 was a bit bigger than the others as well but pic was just distorting my brains conception. That happens a lot when you get my age!
uh ohh! I think you got mine Bawanna? Happy Fourth of July my friend! Its now yours! Dont try sending it back er ill have to borrow one of docs dolls. It just goes to show thats where it wanted to be anyway! Enjoy it brother!

Last edited:
I got yours? I didnt get # 1. You lost me, maybe the docs got a pin in my head already?

OK. Imma gonna write you offline for details. I already sent he $100 and asked her to keep the change for the Kamis. Lets wait a few days and see if "another one" shows up here? You got me? I cant think up another scenario? Im really fine if you just keep it and DD?

Triangle box in the mail today Bawanna! Just a negligent discharge on my part i guess. Prolly got delayed because of the virus or something? All good!

Note: after a few hundred Khuks Aunti Y is still 100% !!!

Back