Long Butaniku hybrid taco By azwelke

azwelke

azwelke.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I made a full hybrid taco for my Long Butaniku. Thought you hogs might enjoy a 33 1/2” taco bravo :D.
These take 3 people to make and a few days worth of work. Not full time days but alot of work.

I left it natural with hopes it will tan in time. But keeping it clean is a chore in itself. Every other eyelet split at least once and had to be drilled out and replaced. I almost forgot the drain hole too...
I will add a Maxpedition strap and pad for my carry option.

639CC946-06FC-480A-9FF3-5C6EAAD5120F.jpeg 0DF6F4CB-63C1-4519-8D6D-A7FFD124EDEF.jpeg C4E40BC7-4B8C-487B-9A1C-F7AFB11E629C.jpeg

Man, the sheath is incredible.
But......I think that's the 1st Long Butaniku that I've seen up close. That's wicked.
Were the Long Butaniku ever a regular offering or just a Ganza type thing?

Man, the sheath is incredible.
But......I think that's the 1st Long Butaniku that I've seen up close. That's wicked.
Were the Long Butaniku ever a regular offering or just a Ganza type thing?

Thank You :)
I call them Long but it’s the 1st or regular Butaniku that was offered. I think they appeared first at Blade in 2012. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
I ordered one but couldn’t come up with the cash, so I had to back out. Then I re ordered one in 2013 or 2014. I believe I received mine in 2014. They were offered in a ganzaa or 2 as well.

Holy smokes that looks like a lot of work Al. Great job! How did I not know you were offering leather over kydex?!

Back