Long lost Balisong.......

Hi all,
I'm new to these Forums but post on alot of others. What brought me here was a search for a replacement for a Bali I lost quite a number of years ago...and then I saw the Microtech Tachyon...WOW!!!

Once when I was about 12 or 13 I purchased a 3" Bali at the local Army/Navy store (where I had purchased several others before but none this neat) and thought it was the greatest. I think it was made by Fury...it had silver scales, what I know now to be brushed Aluminum, and a clip point blade.

So my question is: Does Fury knife company still exist(I've tried many different terms in web searches with no luck) and does anyone have something like this in thier collection they could post a pic of?

The Benchmade #31 looks like it would replace it very well but I thought I'd see if I could find one like I used to own.

Thanks for any info,
Eugene

Hello there, and welcome to bladeforums!

There's probably a bunch of balis to replace your old one. Check out this balisong forum a while back, and you'll see some threads reviewing different balisongs. Also check out Chuck Gollnick's site for some other interesting reviews.
Remember though, that even if you liked your old one, new ones may be a lot better when it comes to neat details and other improvements (like latch gates, choil, pocket clips etc.).

Several of the other threads should also contain links to a bunch of other interesting balisong sites. Never a boring minute! :D

Fury knives still exist, I believe the name has changed to Joy Enterprises, out of Miami, FL. Now the bad news, Fury's knives were imported, so you won't be seeing anymore imported.

The good news is that there products show up at flea markets, and gun shows frequently. So ifyou look hard enough, you just may find one:).

Originally posted by bob bowie
Fury knives still exist, I believe the name has changed to Joy Enterprises, out of Miami, FL. Now the bad news, Fury's knives were imported, so you won't be seeing anymore imported.

The good news is that there products show up at flea markets, and gun shows frequently. So ifyou look hard enough, you just may find one:).

Thanks for the info. It's exactly what I needed to know.

Regards,
Eugene

Back