1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Long overdue Vojpuri review (for scotchleaf)

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by killa_concept, Oct 11, 2009.

1. killa_concept

killa_concept

May 19, 2009
    I've been meaning to do some sort of review on the Vojpuri that I purchased during U.B's B-day as requested by scotchleaf - however a misunderstanding caused the kukri to not ship with the usual HI lightspeed delivery. Sadly, this was just enough added time to shift the weather from reasonable to typical rainy/cloudy NW... I waited until there was a break so I could take a decent shot or two. During that time, I made a point to bring the Vojpuri to a nice shaving convex edge :D

So... impressions! The Vojpuri was villager fit and finish, which I've been thinking to be more practical as I wouldn't baby it as much after a workout. The edge that it came with was a little worse than the factory one that came on my 15" AK - not that it mattered as I would have added my own anyways :p

So how about it's performance? Well this sucker is 37oz packed into 18" - that's hefty! The blade seems wider than most designs which is probably where all the weight comes from - just sharpening it made my arm sore... the added weight definitely makes for a satisfying "thunk" and a deep sink, but also seems to make it more glance prone should you use the wrong angle and technique (very much like an ax)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Funny thickness comparison next to kabar kukri machete:
    [​IMG]

2. scotchleaf

scotchleaf

Oct 23, 2006
    Great review: thanks!

3. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008