Long shot

I know this is a long shot, but here goes. I recently came across a MBC lil Temperance. Used, but in good shape. It is missing the pocket clip and the 4 pocket clip screws. If possible, I would like to make the knife whole again. Any suggestions or ideas? I really like how the knife feels in hand, and how easy it is to sharpen. If I cannot find a pocket clip, I will just carry it in my pocket. Thanks in advance.

Good luck. I doubt even Spyderco has that particular clip laying around. The Deacon (Paul Berretta) might possibly have one since he takes the clips off the knives he carries, but I don't recall him ever mentioning having the L'il Temp much less carrying it.

I know this is a long shot, but here goes. I recently came across a MBC lil Temperance. Used, but in good shape. It is missing the pocket clip and the 4 pocket clip screws. If possible, I would like to make the knife whole again. Any suggestions or ideas? I really like how the knife feels in hand, and how easy it is to sharpen. If I cannot find a pocket clip, I will just carry it in my pocket. Thanks in advance.
Try Charlynn at Spyderco. Take a photo of your Lil Temp and email to her at customerservice@spyderco.com. You never know what they may still have available in their parts inventory. Previously she managed to source a replacement pocket clip for my old Persian, and even exact matching body screws for my long-discontinued (at least 20 years old) Centofante 2.

Here's a picture of mine with the clip showing.

As you can see, it is a very unusual clip. As far as I know, it is unique to this knife which I believe was discontinued over twenty years ago.

Feel free to use this picture to show Charlynn what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: sv4
I'd definitely recommend calling. They still had a clip for the gunting a few years ago.

Back