Long time since I was on this forum...

Hey guys, I bought 10 or so kuk's a few years back. My brother has gotten into blades so I wanted to buy him one. I remember there are a top two or three favorites.

What are the top 3 must haves for me to look out for him?

Pappa

Welcome back! On the main HI page, Ms Yangdu states the AK, BAS and WWII are the top 3 sellers. I love the CAK and BAS the best but I also suffer from mood swings....HI fever!:p

Last edited:
The Kumar cobra is deceptive. It doesn't appear like much but I have several H
I. Kukris and this is my second favorite. The first place prize is a tie between BAS and my "Manakamana" . The BAS is exquisite between form and function. It isnt huge or even big and considering all, you don't want a big BAS. It chops well , is fairly easy to sharpen and is a brutal cutter. I tested it on a "Boston But" and in a chopping motion, the cut was terrible bad. I mean if the was a live critter it would be wicked bad. H.I doesn't get Manakamanas often. These blades are named after a temple where animal sacrifices are done. The blade style isnt radically curved. A couple months ago I contacted Mrs Landou and asked if I could have one custom made. She accepted the commission. I sent a deposit. And I got it today. It is exquisite !!! I would suggest you send her a note after you have it narrowed to a few styles and ask her if she has any exceptionals of those. I promise you what she sends you will blow your mind!!

I agree about the Manakamana Special, which I have described as a Sirupati on steroids. Here's a picture of the one I got in 2012. I believe it's from the first batch made when this model first came out. It's 17.5" overall length, very well balanced, feels much lighter than its actual weight of 28 oz, and very comfortable in the hand. They don't show up very often on the forum, but as gtk says, you can call or email Yangdu and ask to have one made for you. Might take a while, but worth the wait.

upload_2019-6-21_13-8-44.png

Back