Longer blades?

Jerry--
Your designs have come a long way, both in steel and in ergonomics. I just wish you made something with a machete-length blade; at least 12", but even better 15-18".
Cutting back south Texas brush is a nasty business--everything has thorns and most stuff is springy, so it bites back if you get close. I know Cliff Stamp has tested many kinds of machetes and in a recent thread reported that he was still hoping to discover one of superior quality.
Short of paying Phill Hartsfield $1,900 for one, I don't know of a source--and your materials and design certainly outshine A2 and conventional machete dis-ergonomics.
Any thoughts?
Thanks--Will

Will,

We were apparently posting on different topics at the exact same time.

We do have a custom shop for special orders and have made several custom machetes in the past. Sadly, the backorder is approx. 3 years at this time and our prices start at $100.00 per inch of overall length. This puts a 15" bladed machete at the $2,000.00 price range.

Happily though, if you decide to order one you may never need another belt since the INFI blade is sooooo flexible you could wrap it around your waist and use a VERY strong magnet to keep it there. Of course, sitting becomes rather perilous, but it does give new meaning to "living on the edge".

Yours in INFI suspenders,
Jerry Busse

Okay--I get the picture. Maybe when you've perfected the nuke-proof folder and all the variants are up and running with no back orders, you might get time to play with the idea of adding a machete to your production line? Tell me it's a possibility, at least--keeps me from feeling the need to actively agitate and campaign for something with so much obvious potential.

Yours in the south Texas brush, where dispatching big rattlers suggests the use of blades with more than hand-shake reach,
Will

Back